Marketplace Trading Strategy Manager
About the role:
We are looking for someone with big ideas, who loves solving complex problems in an analytically rigorous way. Trading is fast-paced so we need someone who likes dynamic decision making and analysis. As a relatively new function, you’ll also need to be comfortable with ambiguity. Lastly, this role requires significant collaboration and we need a candidate that is keen to learn about other functions, empathize and influence one-on-one and in presentations to large groups.
This is a highly cross-functional, high impact role with lots of visibility. It will require coordination across multiple stakeholders across the business including C-level management, product, digital marketing, merchandising, product, analytics and data science.
What you’ll do:
- You will provide frameworks and recommendations, organize and guide internal and external research to guide / support trading decisions
- You will be responsible for hosting a bi-weekly trading meeting of 40+ people from all departments across supply, demand, product and operations to highlight business priorities and help them to focus their work against these
- A major workstream will be in developing a deep understanding of how the levers in the business work today and how they could be optimized to achieve our goals
- You will work closely with the Head of Trading and product / tech teams to set priorities around future commercial lever development guide the features of these products
- You will hire, develop and manage a small team of analysts
- Your team will track competitor, market and macro trends and develop various analytics dashboards / reports to ensure other teams are making data-driven decisions to drive trade
Who you are:
- You have a degree from a top tier university with a strong quantitative component. MBA a bonus
- You are experienced in at least one of the following areas: ecommerce, marketplace, internet, sales finance, or relevant project experience in strategy / management consulting
- You have relevant and demonstrable excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- You are highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- You are commercially focused and driven with the ability to work towards metrics / targets
- You have demonstrable ability to transform sophisticated and complex analyses into high-impact, easy-to-follow presentations to present results clearly.
- You have demonstrated experience in developing and obtaining support for business plans and strategies by influencing cross-functional management with persuasive written and verbal presentations.
- You are experienced working with C level stakeholders and managing relationships across multiple departments
- You have the ability to work to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of fashion, online marketplaces and luxury in a retail environment a bonus
- Experience with SQL, Tableau, Looker a plus