Senior Product Designer – Platform (Content & Curation)
Our mission is to leverage expert data to create and scale content and curation across channels and touchpoints to inspire customers to discover and shop. Including leveraging complex and nuanced taxonomy data and content from our communities of boutiques, brands, customers and influencers.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll advocate for your users and champion user-centred design to deliver intuitive, innovative and delightful user experiences.
- You will work with product managers, data scientists, engineers and a wide range of stakeholders (visual merchandising, media solutions, production and creative) on the inspiration mission of optimising, scaling and automating content and curation.
- You'll be the voice of the customer with your peers in Product and Engineering, ensuring stakeholders are aligned with user needs.
- You’ll be a master of your own project plan, spanning the end-to-end design process from research to follow-up studies, taking an evidence-based approach where learning constantly shapes your design and helps to inform the future platform vision.
- You'll raise the profile of the design team internally and partner with a range of departments, drawing on Design Thinking and Service Design methodologies to help solve complex problems.
- You’ll work collaboratively with the design team to maintain and enhance our design system and build on our design principles.
- You’ll leverage your unique skill-set and perspectives to raise design standards across the team, mentoring less experienced designers and forming working groups where you've identified areas for growth.
- You can design complex systems. You can find simplicity out of complexity.
- You take several steps back to see the full picture and think about the wider experience. Our users think beyond their browser window, and so do we.
- You design based on evidence and you’re always unbiased. You prototype to test and learn. You can prove the impact of your designs, you think lean, and you’re comfortable with pivoting.
- You're a critical thinker who's able to provide constructive and actionable critique. You're an equally adept listener who's able to take feedback onboard and iterate accordingly.
- You’re resilient and can cope with change. We’re a rapidly growing team in a fast-paced global business and we sometimes change course.
- You’re inquisitive with a clear appetite to learn new, complex things. Every day you might be learning new things about luxury fashion, merchandising, pricing or logistics.
- You’re a team player and you recognise the value of collaboration. You can lead by example and empower others to find their own path.
- You’re able and willing to travel to other Farfetch offices. We’re a global team with centres in London, Lisbon and Porto.