Marketplace BI Analyst
This role will work dually with both marketplace pricing and trading teams.
The Pricing function at Farfetch is a growing team of commercial and technical experts working to manage marketplace pricing – one of the most critical (and complex) dynamics on our marketplace. Working closely with a range of technical and commercial teams we deliver at-scale pricing programmes which drive benefits for Farfetch, our customers and our partners.
The Trading team is a dynamic and action-oriented team at the centre of the marketplace. We work with everyone to execute on cross-functional initiatives and drive results. This requires a deep understanding of all data models within the business including product, marketing, customer, pricing, supply and external signals of demand (social, Google search data) to ensure we are understanding our performance and taking the right actions for the business.
The ideal candidate is someone who is highly data-driven and loves solving complex problems in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment.
You will be a person that thrives in solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment balancing tactical needs whilst driving strategically for a long term solution. You will work closely with the Pricing Manager, Trading manager and commercial analysts to ensure that our data, models and reporting provide us with robust and actionable evidence and insight base. We are looking for someone who is talented in creating systematic and automated processes and tools for reporting data and insights, underpinned by strong technical skills and commercial acumen.
This is the ultimate role for the detail-orientated analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for data collection, validation and analysis!
Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with data engineers to grow technically, as well as working alongside pricing, marketing and finance to grow commercially.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll design and deliver best-in-class data products and reporting, working with key stakeholders to build our new reporting infrastructure in Looker and BigQuery.
- You’ll ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources and critical KPIs, owning the reporting for a growth area of the business
- You’ll create reporting and insight solutions which enable our products to scale across our network of nearly a thousand partners
- You’ll help to drive topline/bottom-line results through building customer-centric automated solutions to help our operational teams scale and improve business processes
- You’ll integrate new data sources into the business to help us better understand performance (eg Instagram / social engagement data, Google search data, etc)
- You’ll coach and mentor a Junior BI Analyst, helping them to grow their technical and soft skills
- You’ll raise the bar in BI and our impact on the business
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives of the Trading and Pricing function, organizing and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary
- Training for analysts in how to refactor their SQL code for faster processing and to ensure that their dashboards are updated on a regular cadence
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other highly quantitative fields
- You have significant experience working on BI in a professional environment
- You are advanced in SQL
- You have a working knowledge of Python and containerisation architectures such as Docker
- You have experience with data visualisation tools, preferably Looker
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- You are an expert in manipulating large data sets in a professional environment
- You can collaborate with both commercial and technical stakeholders (technical product managers, development leads)
- We are looking for a:
- Critical thinker, confident to transform our data and information into structured and automated systems and reporting
- Organized, team player, ready to build on our BI structure with the various stakeholders of the business
- Project-driven personality, identifying gaps and turn them into implementable solutions