Category Development Analyst
We have built out a function within the Commercial team focused on delivering success across new product categories which are central to the growth plans of the entire business. This function of Category Development is responsible for opportunity-mapping, launching, and trading new or
This position within the Category Development team represents an entry into one of the most exciting teams at Farfetch, working to expand the business into new areas of opportunity and unchartered territory, with the prospect of growing into a fully-fledged Category Manager responsible for the performance of an entire category.
We are looking for a commercially-minded thinker with a fresh point of view on category opportunities within the personal luxury goods space, who is confident with both sales trading and reporting and supporting the team to deliver cross-category and cross-functional strategic initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- You will work alongside other Commercial teams to gather qualitative and quantitative insights across all existing sub-categories within Womenswear & Menswear to support growth in these key categories - be the voice of authority of all categories across the business
- You will work alongside Finance to forecast &
reforecastall category performance, and track week-by-week performance against targets
- You will work alongside the Senior Commercial Analyst to develop a set of reporting dashboards to continuously monitor categories performance and provide clear and structured feedback to key internal and external stakeholders (e.g., brand & boutique partners):
- Weekly category trading reports
- Category performance analysis to support commercial reviews and leadership meetings
- Dedicated performance analysis to support strategic and commercial partnerships (e.g., buy reviews, cheat sheets, category packs)
- Quarterly & Semi-Annual Business Reviews
- You will work alongside Private Client (VIP) teams to merge offline & online sales data and use insights to activate this valuable customer segment
- You will maintain close liaison with Browns and Stadium Goods team to support & influence their
buyingswith Farfetch insights but also touse their market expertise to investigate opportunities to grow Farfetch business
- You will support
onnew long-term, strategic projects (e.g., beauty), providing robustunderstanding of category dynamics through competitive landscape analysis and market research, and evaluate other prospective extension opportunities
- You will support the Category Development team to manage complicated cross-functional projects covering technology, operations, commercial, content and marketing, and dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
Who you are:
- You have experience within consulting, merchandising, or e-commerce; a focus on Luxury & Fashion considered a plus
- You are an expert in Microsoft Excel, agile with data, a love of crunching numbers, with a solid ability to identify key issues that need to be addressed and provide strong analysis; knowledge of reporting tools (e.g., Tableau or SQL) is a plus.
- You are an expert in Microsoft Powerpoint with the capability to visually represent processes, performance results and project streams in a simple but effective way
- You have strong planning and
organisationalskills, ensuring deliverables are ready on time, accurate and prioritized accordingly, with excellent attention to detail
- You have competent project management skills, being able to coordinate across different teams and seniority and efficiently plan and monitor cross-functional projects
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity
- You are a fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in
qualityof work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!