Commercial Planning Manager
We are looking for a unique individual to lead the Supply and Demand Planning team at Farfetch. You will manage the supply and demand planning and forecasting, with the uniqueness of our business model in mind. Central to the company, you will be a business partner, providing inputs to the various teams, taking action on them and helping to drive the Farfetch’s Commercial strategy.
Your role will be critical to ensuring we identify the greatest selection of luxury products for the site. The supply and demand planning is a key element of our success.
Engaging to the key business stakeholders, you will help us turn the analytical insights into stories, and deliver them through an effective communication.
You will bring to the team leadership and management skills, as well as a heavy quantitative skillset (the “science”), while being comfortable working with, and embracing, the “art” from our fashion focused buying teams.
We are looking for an analytical, commercially minded, strategic thinker, who is ready to lead the supply and demand planning team, processing our extensive data through mathematical models and package the output into relevant, key indicators and digestive insights.
What you’ll do
- You will put in place advanced Supply & Planning methodologies and tools in order to drive the business effectively.
- Managing the demand planning team, providing the customer unconstrained and forward-looking projection from the market.
- Managing the supply planning team, delivering the current supply status and forward-looking planning. Both giving insights on the coming operational seasonality, in order to activate pro-active actions to match and drive the Demand.
- Improving continuously the business process to pilot successfully the company strategy and its operations.
- You will answer key business questions shedding light on product and partner performances.
- You will drive and lead deep dive analysis to answer business challenges and key stakeholders questions.
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders from the Supply and Demand side of the business, to incorporate their qualitative input and action on yours.
- Work with Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Growth, and Pricing functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry and action on your team results.
- Deliver your findings to the Buying and Merchandising departments to transform Supply and Demand signal into specific products.
- Work with finance to validate your forecasts and ensure both assumptions are in line.
- Innovate, identify opportunities and lead projects that will solidify our business and the way we operate.
- Support training for the group, as well as develop and mentor juniors team members to make them the leaders of tomorrow.
Who you are
- You have 5-7 years combined experiences in Supply and Demand Planning and/or Consulting
- You have a Master degree or a MBA
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
- Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work focus
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel and SQL (required), R, Matlab (preferred)
- International experience is preferred
- An understanding of fashion and luxury is a bonus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!