Senior Data Science Engineer (Mandarin)
As a Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to apply your strong technical experience on building data models and ETL processes to provide data for business use and building systems and algorithms including tracking, attribution, data integration, analytics tools, experimentation platform, marketing engines (targeting and retargeting, search and recommendation), etc. You will be partnering with other technology teams, business teams, analytical teams, and data scientists across various initiatives.
We hope you are motivated to solve challenging problems and willing to learn new technologies. You are able to take vague requirements and transform them into solid solutions. You will be working in a global manner.
Based in Lisbon to act as the liaison between the Beijing Marketing Tech team and Farfetch Tech teams in Portugal to facilitate and contribute to data pipelines needed for ad serving.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture for large-scale data processing;
- Data extraction, preparation, and loading from a variety of sources using technology such as SQL, Hadoop and Spark;
- Implement data and analytics tools that will offer deeper insight;
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with technical expertise.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience with big data (batch or streaming): Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc;
- Experience writing SQL;
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, etc;
- Strong programming skills in one or more of Java, Scala, Python or Golang;
- Experience with data warehouse, OLAP or reporting systems is a big plus;
- Experience with Elasticsearch or other index systems is a plus;
- Experience in information retrieval, data mining, machine learning is a big plus;
- Experience in advertising or marketing systems is a big plus;
- Proficient in verbal and written English.