Category Development Manager- Jewellery
These initiatives will fall into two main buckets:
- New category development -– analysis, planning and execution of new category roll-out: fashion & fine jewellery. A huge lever for our continued growth is the ability to successfully diversify into new categories.
- Application of strategic and operational rigour within the team as part of new category development plans. Making our own teams and workflows more efficient remains one of the biggest opportunities for success.
We’re looking for a commercially minded strategic thinker, who is confident with managing complicated cross-functional projects and influencing change across senior stakeholders, both internal and external.
What you’ll do
- Manage complicated cross functional launch plans across internal stakeholders (covering technology, operations, commercial and marketing workstreams)
- Build and maintain outstanding client relationships through effective communications, reporting and problem-solving
- Develop robust execution plans for new category roll-outs
- Understanding of competitive positioning
- Assessment of supply landscape and critical partners
- Product and tech readiness
- Launch plan and communications
- Discuss product assortment & positioning with jewellery supply partners
- Buying & merchandising planning within jewellery
- Pricing analysis
- Point-of-view on jewellery best-sellers & trend-setters
- P&L responsibility for the category, accountable for its success
- Ongoing integrated marketing plan to optimize trading performance
- Develop a market leading proposition where Farfetch is the global leader
- Farfetch champion and sponsor for the category, internal and external
- Support on critical projects like building a 5-year strategic supply plan – categories, channels, partners, assortment, etc.
- Work closely with the Commercial Analytics function to ensure business decisions and processes are underpinned with data insights
- Champion the critical bridge between art and science in the Commercial team
Who you are
- Luxury sector experience (imperatively within jewellery) including a competent understanding of the jewellery market, players, and dynamics – please do not apply unless you have been a jewellery buyer, merchandiser, designer, category manager, business leader or other related role within the jewellery space
- Experience within consulting and/or strong planning and organisational skills; expertise to manage and improve complex projects
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with (occasional) ambiguity
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- Commercially minded - strong focus on business development and growth with ability to work towards metrics and targets
- Client-focused ability to pitch Farfetch to prospective brand clients & sell the dream of what partnering with Farfetch looks like
- Project management experience, preferably in technology / digital / e-commerce
- Strong stakeholder management – ability to influence senior characters internally and externally
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!
- Additional languages, particularly French and Italian, a big advantage