Receptionist & Office Services Assistant
Our Office Operations Team is a rapidly growing, increasingly important department and provide crucial support across the business every day. Their goal is to raise the bar in terms of the support that’s provided and make everyone’s life at Farfetch more efficient and effective.
About the Role:
We are looking for a friendly, approachable and polished Receptionist & Office Services Assistant to join our team with a keen interest in office operations. Your time will predominantly be spent at the London Head Office, The Bower, but we have 2 additional offices where you may need to support. You will act as the first point of contact and will be responsible for creating a comfortable, welcoming environment for our team and visitors alike.
Your positive approach when you greet staff in the morning will ensure a bright start to their day and you will maintain a clean, clutter-free office that reflects the Farfetch brand. You will need to have a clear understanding of our company values and represent them through your work on a daily basis. This will be a challenging and varied role so we’re looking for a super pro-active and energetic candidate.
What you’ll do:
- You will work with the wider Office Operations team to ensure the appearance of the office is aligned with expectations. Pay particular attention to meeting rooms and communal areas ensuring all staff and guests receive a world class experience
- You will meet and greet guests, ensuring you are providing a welcoming Farfetch experience and offering drinks
- You will monitor and manage stock levels, from stationery to refreshments to ensure our Farfetchers have everything they need throughout the day
- You will assist with internal events such as our weekly “Wine Time”
- You will be responsible for setting up breakfast every morning and for replenishing refreshments & snacks throughout the day
- You will collect, sort and help distribute post and manage store returns where necessary
- You will arrange couriers and manage deliveries
- You will provide general support to the Office Services department (ie. liaising with subcontractors and helping with ad hoc events)
- You will manage phone calls, direct calls and pass on messages in a timely manner
- You will act as Fire warden (training will be provided)
Who You Are:
- You have previous receptionist experience in a fast-paced environment.
- You are highly organised and have a professional approach
- You have a keen eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- You have a passion for providing a world class experience to both internal and external customers
- You are able to use initiative and find creative solutions to any challenges
- You are clear and confident communicator who can liaise across all levels of seniority
- You have experience in an office-based environment
- You have experience in a customer-facing role
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office
- You have an energetic and enthusiastic approach to work
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships