Global Communications Executive
We work across all of the functions of Farfetch in order to provide strategic communications advice, and also ensure that all of the angles of the Farfetch story are being told to our key audiences – the media, brands and boutiques, investors and current and future employees. We work very closely with the marketing team as well to help amplify campaigns and initiatives that promote Farfetch to its customers.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and bright individual to join our Global Communications team. In this role you will support the Communications team with day-to-day press office activities including media relations, liaising with local teams internationally as well as third-party agencies, and planning and implementing plans for key projects. The Communications team work to a framework of key messages which support the business strategy and this is a unique opportunity to join a dynamic in-house team. Candidates will have a thorough understanding of PR principles and a good base of global contacts across consumer and trade media.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the daily point of contact for media enquiries in European markets (which are managed by the global team). You will proactively pitch trend and news stories and be responsible for maintaining relationships with key media contacts and developing new relationships.
- You will have the opportunity to strengthen existing media relationships and forge new ones with key media as you work with them to explore ideas to secure feature-length coverage to raise brand awareness and effectively tell the unique Farfetch story
- There will be opportunity to travel to markets where you manage media to increase understanding of the brand, generate coverage and manage media activations in-market
- You will have great awareness of the media landscape in UK & Europe and some awareness of up and coming markets
- You will be responsible for end to end management and delivery of some projects, from ideation through to delivery, including managing medium-sized budgets
- You will help to manage our global PR agencies and be the day to day contact for their teams
- You will work alongside our local brand marketing teams to identify news hooks within company activations and ensure the Farfetch brand story is being told effectively across all markets
- You will pro-actively and effectively work across teams including editorial, social media, commercial and our partners to identify news-worthy stories from our vast global network using knowledge of key brands, global trends and what makes a great story
- You will manage a PR calendar of product and consumer news and support teams to generate coverage on these
- You will support the communications assistant and work together to create global monthly coverage reports, analysing coverage and liaising with local teams to provide a full overview of coverage successes and growth opportunities against KPIs
- You will write and distribute press packs and relevant imagery
- You will manage thought leadership opportunities and media enquiries on behalf of Farfetch spokespeople, including C-level Executives working to a communications framework in to ensure consistent messaging across all opportunities
- You will develop strong working relationships with peers and counterparts in offices worldwide to share ideas and best practices
Who you are:
- You hold a bachelor’s degree (Can be in Communications, Marketing, or similar)
- You have some experience working in the press office of a global brand or at an agency
- You have started to establish personal relationships with global media contacts across print and online titles
- You have demonstrated an interest in and awareness of global luxury fashion industry and media landscape
- You are culturally aware and interested in popular culture
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have some experience in monitoring and tracking global media coverage and utilizing tools to measure impact and report back to the business
- You are extremely well-organized, proactive and efficient, with good common sense and initiative
- You are able to work well with different stakeholders across the business at all levels including senior staff
- You are an enthusiastic team player, ambitious, hardworking with a willingness to put in the extra effort
- You have the ability to work under pressure and thrive in a fast-paced environment
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.