The Legal Team at Farfetch is growing in order to support the Company through the next phase of its ambitious plans. Reporting directly to the Director of Legal & Compliance, North America, you will enjoy an extremely broad role, delivering high quality legal services to our North American business teams and US legal support for global initiatives.
This is a highly visible and exciting role in a growing and dynamic team. This role will be ideal for a junior commercial/corporate lawyer who thrives in a fast-paced environment, is excited about the opportunity to build a well-rounded range of skills and is driven to be a true partner to the business. This is a role with great potential for the right candidate to quickly grow their level of experience, responsibility and autonomy.
What you’ll do:
- You will draft, review and negotiate a variety of commercial contracts.
- You will work on a wide range of matters, including litigation, real estate, regulatory, employment, IP, risk assessment, compliance and other areas as needed.
- You will support the Director of Legal & Compliance, North America, as needed across the Group’s securities law matters and associated filings.
- You will support across all business units, including Farfetch Marketplace and Stadium Goods, and develop into the principal point of contact for certain business units and brands of the Group.
- You will work alongside our wider international legal team sitting in London, Porto, Shanghai and Moscow to align North American practices to our global standards and rollout global legal and compliance initiatives in North America.
- You will enable the business by creating and maintaining template agreements and developing policies, procedures and training, as needed.
- You will support the integration of acquired businesses into the Farfetch group.
- You will manage and work with external counsel, as appropriate, and assist in tracking legal spend against budget.
Who you are:
- You ideally have 1-3 years of experience as a commercial/corporate attorney at a law firm or in-house (or a combination of the two!).
- You have a JD and membership to the New York State Bar.
- You have demonstrated experience with commercial contracts – you are comfortable in both drafting and negotiations.
- You possess a positive and approachable demeanor and have exceptional interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills.
- You have an excellent ability to grasp legal and business issues quickly, balance risks, exercise sound judgment and provide creative, practical, constructive and timely counsel in a growing, dynamic, and fast-paced business environment.
- You are a team player who is driven, forward thinking, innovative and agile, with commercial acumen.
- You have a strong work ethic and superior attention to detail.
- You have impeccable judgement and unimpeachable