Sustainable Business Manager - Environment
In the role as Sustainable Business Manager (Environment) you will be a key part of the Sustainable Business team and work closely with senior leaders throughout Farfetch. Bringing strong environmental sustainability credentials to the business you will have direct responsibility for managing and defining the future direction of the program of work to reduce our environmental impact, with a particular focus on carbon and waste. The focus of the work will range from operational and supply chain impacts, through to innovative initiatives that engage our consumers, brand and boutique partners.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for developing and driving the delivery of a program of work designed to reduce our business environmental impact.
- Deliver the required program and project work, and act as a key influencer within Farfetch to engage and inspire the required teams to meet objectives.
- Identify, explore, and make the case for projects that will address future environmental opportunities and risks, for Farfetch and the fashion industry.
- Own and drive relationships with external partners (NGOs, consultancies, start-ups etc.) that will help Farfetch deliver it’s objectives.
Who you are:
- You are commercially focused, analytical and strategic thinker.
- You are confident in dealing with senior stakeholders and demonstrate good influencing skills.
- You are comfortable bringing groups together, solving problems and agreeing clear plans.
- You are able to concisely and logically communicate arguments, whether verbally (including in meetings), in writing or through professional presentations.
- You have a positive, collaborative and engaging approach to working with colleagues.
- You ideally have 5+ years of work experience in the area of business environmental impact (either in house or through consulting) - ideally with a focus on carbon and climate change.
- You are passionate about the ability of business to drive positive change.
- You have some understanding of the e-commerce, technology or luxury industries.