Data Scientist - Supply & Demand Forecasting
About the Commercial department:
We're at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. It's our job to source product from emerging boutiques and spot new trends, as well as work with the world's biggest luxury brands. Our team consists of Commercial Strategy, Commercial Planning & Analytics, Category Development, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnerships, Business Development, & Account Management.
We collaborate with almost every team across the business, which keeps things varied and exciting!
About the role:
As a fast-growing fashion e-commerce business and one of the main tech companies in the fashion world, harnessing the value of the data generated by our operations is key to Farfetch’s future success. As data science group, we are at the forefront of this effort.
Joining us, you will be a part of a small, project-focussed team working on automating business processes by using Farfetch’s data and bringing the best ideas to production as quickly as possible. The data science products you will be building will help our Commercial teams to understand and model supply and demand.
As a data scientist you’ll be responsible for owning projects, working with internal partners across the business and developing the technology we depend on. Moreover you’ll be an active participant across the whole of the UK data science team, providing your knowledge and expertise in support of our initiatives.
Who you are:
- You have a MSc or PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, Machine Learning or other quantitative scientific discipline. You don’t just apply out-of-the-box models, you know how they work, when they work and why they work.
- You have relevant industry experience in an advanced Analytics or Data Science role, ideally with exposure to pricing or commercial problems. You have experience of taking a project from munging raw data, through exploratory analysis and algorithmic development, to production and ongoing improvement.
- You have experience in using state of the art techniques in a business setting, such as Bayesian modeling, neural networks, reinforcement learning - or a keen interest to learn more.
- You have experience and confidence in working closely with business partners to identify requirements and translate them into data science problems.
- You have experience in software development. You’ll be able to write good quality code and work with our engineers to build production-grade solutions. You preferably have experience with code reviews, agile development and version control.
- You have a visionary mindset. Understanding how to improve business processes and find opportunities to apply data science techniques to real problems is as exciting to you as solving them.
- You have a strong curiosity to research, develop and implement world-leading solutions to problems. We want you to go beyond the easy, obvious answers to find the best one possible and then understand how to make it a reality.
- You have excellent communication skills. You’ll be comfortable taking complex ideas and communicating them to different audiences.