Freelancer English Content Writer
About the role
You will be part of a progressive and innovative Content Production team. You’ll focus on creating concise content and product descriptions, and work across the many departments to support with creating content for the Farfetch website.
Working to the company’s brand guidelines within a large multi-lingual team of around 45 employees, you will be required to create well-written, succinct and accurate translations to describe luxury clothing, accessories and lifestyle products sold on the site.
You will have the relevant qualifications for working in an environment which is fast-paced and deadline driven. Ideally, this would have been within copywriting or sub-editing role with a passion to move their career into fashion will also be considered.
What you’ll do
Write product descriptions
Who you are
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge and love of fashion at all levels from high-end designers to cutting edge street style
- A good writing style that is accurate and adaptable, with an impeccable use of grammar
- An understanding of garment and accessory construction
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to work quickly and to agreed daily targets and deadlines
- Comfortable with digital work on an in-house CMS
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.