Junior Marketplace BI Analyst
You will be a person that thrives in solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment balancing tactical needs whilst driving strategically for a long term solution. You will work closely with the BI Analyst, Pricing manager, Trading manager and commercial analysts to ensure that our data, models and reporting provide us with robust and actionable evidence and insight base. We are looking for someone who is talented in creating systematic and automated processes and tools for reporting data and insights, underpinned by strong technical skills and commercial acumen.
This is the ultimate role for an enthusiastic graduate or Junior Analyst who enjoys manipulating vast amounts of data and loves the challenge of creating highly automated solutions for data collection, validation and analysis! We are looking for someone who is excited by the challenge and looking to develop their skills in BI and data engineering.
Your opportunities to develop range from working directly with BI Analysts and data engineers to grow technically, as well as working alongside pricing, marketing and finance to grow commercially.
What you’ll do:
- You’ll design and deliver best-in-class data products and reporting, working with key stakeholders to build key components of our new reporting infrastructure in Looker and BigQuery
- You’ll create reporting and insight solutions which enable our products to scale across our network of nearly a thousand partners
- You’ll ensure a high level of data quality for core data sources by designing appropriate checks and controls
- You’ll help to drive topline/bottom-line results through building customer-centric automated solutions to help our operational teams scale and improve business processes
- You’ll integrate new data sources into the business to help us better understand performance (eg Instagram / social engagement data, Google search data, etc)
- You’ll raise the bar in BI and our impact on the business
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the commercial objectives of the Trading and Pricing function, organizing and identify opportunities to improve existing data sources and tools.
- Build a business case for new data sources/tools if necessary
Who you are:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or other highly quantitative fields
- You have basic knowledge of SQL and are enthusiastic to learn more
- You have basic experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau
- You are detail-oriented with a demonstrably high standard for data accuracy and documentation
- We are looking for a:
- Critical thinker, confident to transform our data and information into structured and automated systems and reporting
- Organized, team player, ready to build on our BI structure with the various stakeholders of the business
- Project-driven personality, identifying gaps and turn them into implementable solutions
- Experience with BigQuery
- Experience rolling out new projects in Looker with LookML
- Familiarity with structuring and writing scalable ETLs utilising tools such as Airflow
- Experience working with Python/R and containerisation architectures such as Docker
- Experience with Linux/OSX command line and Git