Customer Analytics Manager
About the department:
Consisting of more than 100 people split across 10 teams, we look after both digital and brand marketing. We're a team of experts across Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Customer, Analytics and Data Science, Advertising Sales, Editorial, Online Communications, PR & Brand Events and Creative.
Working across all of the global markets, we make sure Farfetch remains high and mighty with both new and existing customers; all the while setting the brand apart from our competitors and making sure we're always one step ahead of the curve.
About the role:
Are you looking for an exciting challenge? This is a phenomenal opportunity to join us in the Marketing Analytics team driving growth and optimization across Farfetch. You will have the exciting and rare chance to work in a fast-pace environment taking our business to the next level.
We are looking for a highly numerate person who is excited to solve business problems by working with big data, interpreting numbers, and consulting with business leaders on translating insights into real actions and solutions based on commercial objectives. This role is or someone who is self-driven, independent, and wants to drive significant impact.
You will have the opportunity to embrace working in a fast paced environment leading a team and being involved in scoping its vision. You will be a thought leader in how we leverage analytical techniques and new technologies to solve complex problems. You will gain in-depth knowledge of our business and drive value in our business using data.
What you’ll do:
- Ownership of analytics for Customer Marketing where you will independently drive multiple strategic initiatives that you’ll be shaping
- Leading business critical analytical projects that involve analysing complex datasets in order to produce insights and models that drive strategic decisions
- Lead and manage a small team and ensure each individuals success and development
- Collaborate with key business partners to identify key questions and manage expectations
- Work closely with the team and business partners to scope, design, develop, and implement a variety of analytical projects, including:
- Profound analysis to drive strategic decisions
- Finding innovative ways to understand and action on business questions
- Quantifying and challenging hypotheses and assumptions
- Reporting and understanding drivers of business performance
- Developing a customer playbook to understand health of the customer and their lifecycle
- Understanding the performance of customers in the loyalty scheme and tier migration
- Analysis of promotions and benefits for optimization and to understand the impact on customer behaviour
- Forecasting new customer growth and deep dive analysis to understand these trends
- Ensure robust statistical and data methods are used to build analyses across the team
- Improve efficiencies and automate analysis to ensure focus is on new value-add analysis
- Challenge your team and business partners in meetings to encourage healthy debate and stimulating discussions
- Continuously learn and raise the bar for quality and rigour of work across the team
Who you are:
- Degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science or related field from a leading university
- You have analytics experience in customer behaviour, lifetime value, segmentation, experimentation, cohort analysis, etc.
- Knowledge of statistical methods including data mining, predictive modelling, and reporting technologies.
- You have working ability with SQL & Excel
- Knowledge of Python, R, or similar preferred
- You have proven analytics work experience with knowledge of digital marketing
- You have managed/mentored others
- Highly confident in dealing with ambiguity and scoping work with keen attention to detail
- A flexible, approachable attitude with good problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills