Commercial Strategy Manager
This person will be responsible for delivering the success of strategic commercial projects, some of which will be discrete and others stream. A great example of something we’d like to achieve is working with Browns Fashion to optimise their Farfetch.com business. This would entail defining a strategy, influencing supply planning pre-season, optimizing trade in-season, championing Brown’s across key functions within Farfetch, and other ad hoc strategic initiatives to drive the business. This person would be the figurehead for such projects, aligning across all the different business units that are required to deliver success.
We also would like this role to take a lead on driving more operational rigour within the Commercial team; everything from day-to-day ways of working, through to 3 year planning of our supply business. Making our own processes and workflows more efficient remains one of the biggest opportunities for success.
Internal “strategy” functions can mean lots of things; this role will not just be delivering pretty decks with good ideas (though there will be some of that), but much more into the execution and ownership of projects and business processes. There will be accountability and an expectation that improved results are delivered.
We’re looking for a commercially minded strategic thinker with a fashion perspective, who is confident with managing complicated cross-functional projects, influencing change across senior stakeholders, and marrying the analytics (“the science”) with the qualitative (“the art”) to inform strategic decision-making.
What you’ll do
- “Quarterback” key strategic projects, managing complex cross functional workstreams across areas such as analytics, marketing, visual merchandising, data science, tech, product and finance
- Create a vision for these revolutionary changes, motivate the team behind that vision, and develop a strong plan to ensure milestones are delivered
- Examples of these projects:
- Optimizing the Browns business on Farfetch.com
- Pull supply sourcing, including dynamic commission model
- VIP supply sourcing strategy
- Commercial strategy for operational products (warehousing, creative services)
- Develop robust strategic and execution plans for new projects and processes
- Work closely with the Supply Analytics function to ensure business decisions and processes are underpinned with data insights
- Support in tracking / measuring against team OKRs
- Help form the critical bridge between art and science in the Commercial team
Who you are
- Extensive experience within consulting / strategy, preferably in the luxury sector
- Passion for luxury / fashion sector
- Excellent planning and organisational skills; expertise to manage and improve complex projects
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem solving skills
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with (occasional) ambiguity
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational excellence
- Project management experience, preferably in technology / digital / e-commerce
- Strong stakeholder management – ability to influence senior characters internally and externally
- Presence and resolve - can take control of difficult, unpredictable situations, and hold your own with / constructively challenge other strong-willed members of the business
- Bias for action – speed matters, and many actions are reversible, so we encourage a focus on continuous improvement
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!