Senior Commercial Planner
About the role:
Our Commercial Planning team is looking for a unique individual to build and run the Supply and Demand planning.
This person will bring a heavy quantitative skillset to the team (the “science”), but also be comfortable working with and embracing the “art” from our fashion / trend focused buying teams. We are looking for a:
- Strategic thinker, able to develop and strengthen Planning process and methodology
- Strong team player, ready to collaborate and build with various stakeholder
- Structured communicator, able to package the results into digestible and actionable messages
What you’ll do
- You will develop advanced Supply & Planning methodologies, tools, and processes in order to drive the business effectively.
- Producing the unconstrained and forward-looking Supply and Demand projection, to engage pro-active actions on the upcoming seasons.
- Analysing the current supply status and turning it into actionable insights, maximising and optimising the sustainable growth of the company.
- Improving continuously the business process to pilot successfully the company strategy and its operations.
- You will answer key business questions shedding light on product and partner performances.
- You will drive and lead deep dive analysis to answer business challenges and key stakeholders questions.
- You will collaborate with other key stakeholders from the Supply and Demand side of the business, to incorporate their qualitative input and to action on yours.
- Work with Business Development, Account Management and Commercial Growth and Pricing functions to consider the practical challenges of our industry.
- Deliver your findings to the Buying and Merchandising departments to transform Supply and Demand signal into specific products.
- Work with finance to validate your forecasts and ensure both assumptions are in line.
- Innovate, identify opportunities and lead projects that will solidify our business and the way we operate.
Who you are
- Experiences in Supply and Demand Planning and/or Consulting
- You have a Master degree or a MBA
- Excellent planning, organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Advanced forecasting and data modelling techniques
- Ability to influence change in senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with an emphasis on operational and commercial excellence
- You have a flexible, approachable attitude with good problem-solving skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and scoping work focus
- Comfortable working to deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have technical skills for processing and analysing large amounts of data:
- Excel and SQL (required), R, Matlab, Python (is a plus)
- An understanding of fashion and luxury is a bonus
- Fantastic team fit - tenacity with a smile, real pride in quality of work and an understanding that the ‘how’ you work is just as important!