About the role:
FOR THE MOST CREATIVE THINKERS IN FASHION.
Farfetch is enterprising in its vast and unique fashion proposition. It is therefore essential that the product imagery is reflective of our USP and is a key driver in raising the fashion credibility of the site. In order to achieve this the Styling specialist will be a pivotal driving force; working to consistently elevate the style content of the images and produce inspirational ‘market leader’ product shots.
What You’ll do:
- Specialist accountable for approving menswear imagery for the website from a styling POV;
- Approving all menswear outfits before going on set conducting rail checks with stylists;
- Responsible for feeding back to manager on the performance & development of the stylists (areas of improvements, level of reshoots, action plans in terms of development, present an individual report for each stylist at the end of the season to the Styling Manager in order to show the evolution of each member of the team);
- Develop and mentor the in-house styling team; coaching and supporting them continuous;
- Increase quality of styling in 40%;
- Decrease the level of styling reshoots to 1% this season;
- Work alongside Creative Services department to maintain and develop high quality imagery and feedback on model’s performance on a weekly basis;
- Ensure team KPI’s and targets are established and met;
- Ensure that Production processes are respected;
- Outlining any potential styling needs to manager for the team and individual performance;
- Supporting and guiding stylists to the highest quality looks that reflect brand essence and standards we have set through Guidelines;
- Supporting on Brand launches, capsule collections & maintenance of strong quality output;
- Working within the processes of the production studio;
- Aligned with current styling goals for the season and focused guidance around these;
- Provide constructive feedback to stylists on reshoots and improvements;
- Supporting Live Model Studios Manager on quality output;
- A specialist advisor that will advise on proportions, silhouettes, Brand essence, shoe choice and overall execution of look;
- Look for ways to constantly improve and drive the Styling quality;
- Act as a positive ambassador in times of company change and growth;
- Contribute to creative and styling meetings;
- Creative project contribution;
- Onset support & guidance;
- inspiring and motivational to team;
Who You Are:
- Ambitious and driven with an impeccable work ethic;
- Extensive and detailed knowledge of menswear trends, designers and brands;
- 6-8 years proven styling experience within menswear editorial and e-commerce;
- Strong managerial experience with a confident, authoritative presence capable of building teams to execute quality delivery;
- Styling/ art direction experience;
- Commercial translation knowledge trends;
- Proactive approach to driving changes within limited time frames;
- Sound photography knowledge to ensure guidelines are correctly and efficiently executed;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and re-prioritize according to business requirements;
- Strong negotiating skills and experience dealing with talent agencies;
- Previous menswear ecommerce experience within fashion retail- ideally focussed in the luxury market;
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.