Senior UX Researcher - Platform
We’re ambassadors for the business, pushing the boundaries of what's technologically possible, and creating most of the platforms that we use from scratch. We like to apply a bit of revolutionary thinking to everything we do.
About the role:
You'll directly influence the day-to-day experiences of millions of customers and work on services that your friends and family will talk about.
As a Senior UX Researcher for our platform products you'll need to be passionate and naturally empathetic about people to come join our growing team. It is therefore important that you'll be used to working in a fast paced, agile, collaborative culture. You know when to work autonomously and collaboratively, and you are fully equipped with strong business acumen, commercial sense, and excellent research and analysis skills, in which you are able to translate findings into deep, meaningful insights.
It is also essential that you have proven experience with stakeholder management as you will be required to work collaboratively with a number of different teams and senior stakeholders. You will be expected to use a wide variety of research methods and techniques, via our in-house lab, remote and field based, to explore and reveal our users' behaviours and motivations and their needs, wants and desires.
What you’ll do:
- You will autonomously manage and run multiple research projects with various complexities, ranging from tactical to strategic research that require strong analysis skills and business acumen
- You will enhance and facilitate evidence- based decisions for product and design
- You will utilise variety of methods in our toolbox, develop and innovate on our user research practice
- You will communicate and deliver meaningful insights in an effective, innovative, and impactful ways to a variety of audiences; from design team, engineering team, to executive teams
- You will collaborate with various stakeholders: proactively involve designers, engineers, & product managers in the research process and building relationships with market research and business intelligent to deliver robust insights
- You will mentor junior members of the team
Who you are:
- You are an experienced researcher with proven demonstrated impact, in commercial environment
- You have a higher degree in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field
- You have a strong portfolio that includes your experience with international research, strategic research, and the use of variety of methods such as focus groups, in-depth interviews, usability studies, ethnographic, etc.
- You have strong commercial awareness, and strong business acumen
- You have impeccable understanding of human behaviour, and you are able to translate qualitative data into deep, meaningful insights
- You thrive in an agile, ever-changing, and demanding environment that requires multi- tasking
- You understand quantitative data and you are able to use quantitative data to support qualitative insights, and vice versa
- You are a great communicator. You are able to communicate information effectively, accurately and clearly as intended in written, verbal, non-verbal and visual forms of communication
We can’t wait to receive your application. But before you send it to us, here are some helpful tips to make sure your application is as strong as it can be.
- Have you set out why this role is a good match for your career aspirations and that you have the skills and experience required? We want you to be as clear about your future ambitions as we are and whilst we encourage people to learn, develop and grow, you will need to hit the ground running.
- Have you checked spelling and grammar? We have high standards and you don’t want to miss out because of something as easily correctable as a typo.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.