Operations P&L Business Analyst
What You’ll do:
- Create and deliver regular reports with granular analysis in regards to Operations P&L and financial KPIs (e.g., Cost of Sales, SG&A costs in strong collaboration with all functional areas within operations), identifying main root causes against the plan and highlighting risks, providing recommendations to get back on track;
- Take vast amounts of data in raw formats to identify main key insights to reach better solutions for financial modelling and forward forecasts;
- Ensure the main deliverables on time along the budget and reforecast processes, contributing for the alignment of all stakeholders involved.
- Serve as liaison between FP&A and Operations teams to provide analyses and reporting to support business decisions, as well as aligning data quality and reconciliation between the two departments;
- Manage ROI requests that demand Operations P&L expertise;
- Supervise the monthly accrual processes for Operations P&L lines, facilitating the communication between operations and finance and set up a new accrual process whenever needed;
- Support the Operation Strategy Manager with new projects as they arise, trade-offs analysis and scenarios simulation, collecting and processing data, proactively providing meaningful analysis and exploiting trends.
Who you are:
- University degreed - must include a strong analytical focus. The successful candidate will likely have a degree in economics, maths, management, engineering or any other related field;
- Have a minimum 2 years’ experience (mandatory) as data analyst or controller in a multinational company (preferential);
- Have strong knowledge on SQL and experience with BI, data warehousing and data visualization tools (Tableau, Looker, …);
- An expert in Excel (power pivot and VBA knowledge will be valued);
- Able to operate in ambiguous and changing situations to meet deadlines;
- A strong communicator, with the ability to turn numbers into a story that non-experts can understand;
- Able to self-motivate in a fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment with competing deadlines and ability to deal with the stress;
- Have strong analytical skills, data based decision making mind-set and detail oriented;
- Dynamic, with high sense of responsibility and a problem-solver.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken (mandatory);
- Fun to work with!