Junior VAT Associate
The newly created role will give you a unique view on Farfetch’s indirect tax affairs, as you will be part of indirect tax subgroup team and therefore responsible to provide technical support in compliance procedures and improvements to our internal teams, handle indirect tax compliance matters, , and deal with external consultants.
You will also assist senior members of team in providing technical support to several areas of the business and analyse indirect tax information to assist in the development of recommendations and implementation plans for complex workstreams and decision-making areas.
As you will be joining a multidisciplinary tax team, on-the-job training, mentorship, learning and exposure to stakeholders are all on offer.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with senior members of team in day-to-day support to Farfetch on indirect tax issues and questions, including indirect tax compliance issues and queries;
- Audit transactions and procedures within the Group to provide indirect tax compliance and/or offer solutions, and improvements proposals;
- Review indirect tax returns prepared by our consultants or internal teams, for accuracy and issues;
- Ensure all indirect tax returns, payments, reconciliations, assessments, notices and audits are concluded on time;
- Identify opportunities for effective and efficient indirect tax compliance processes;
- Research, analysis and share of indirect tax issues related to Farfetch’s activity;
- Monitor for possible issues and opportunities that are relevant for Farfetch; and,
- Maintain good working knowledge of indirect tax legislation and procedures.
Who you are:
- Degreed in Economics, Management, Accounting, Law or similar subject;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- Indirect tax consultant with minimum of 1-2 years of experience
- Excellent team working player with ability to interact with different departments;
- Analytical and have quantitative problem-solving skills;
- Results driven mind-set and able to deal with stress;
- Dynamic and pro-active with high sense of responsibility and autonomy;
- Experimented user of Microsoft Office, mainly Excel; and,
- Committed to develop your talents and knowledge into new areas as well as to think creatively.