A Production Manager for EYELEVEL is the person responsible for coordinating suppliers to produce our clients’ designs. Base on account team require and direction. must be highly organized individuals, excellent communicators, planners, negotiators and team players working closely with our designers, CAD engineers, other production mangers, quality inspectors, roll-out managers, assembly teams, logistic managers, installation teams and finance department. They complement the project team by managing supplier production and overseeing assembly and packing of articles in the required quality and time frame.
Production Manager Key Responsibilities
- Supplier Management - Develop and keep excellent relationships with all suppliers, liaison between different material suppliers for cross production checks.
- Production management - Manage all aspects of production with vendors, ensuring delivery timetables and maintaining current status of assigned projects at all times, brief design/engineering teams and verify mechanical drawing details, prepare quotations and indicate appropriate vendors for production, plan and track supplier production and set priorities accordingly.
- Communication - Key contact for internal teams and suppliers on project status and details.
- Project documentation - Ensure quality of technical documentation - design drawings, production drawings, bill of materials, meta data.
- Quality Control - Plan with Quality Managers QC inspections at supplier’s facilities, ensure quality and on time delivery of production articles, plan inspections at supplier’s facilities and on incoming components to warehouse, ensure packaging standards reflecting client’s needs.
- Claims handling - Manage claims of damaged or missing components.
- Identify new Suppliers/Technologies - Actively search for new technologies and suppliers.
- Open, Honest and Direct
- Stress resistant and able to focus under time pressure
- Empathetic and social person for daily interaction with many people
- Ability to multi-task without loosing focus and control
- Perfectionist with a high level of attention to detail
- Natural drive for development and self-improvement
- Flexible with time and always available
- 3+ years of experience in production area – ideally in retail fixture fabrication or related industry.
- Self-confident and able to motivate his suppliers to a high-quality standard.
- Able to read and comprehend technical drawings.
- Advanced knowledge of materials and production technologies in joinery, metal works, plastics, printing and glass works.
- Technical education is a big plus (furniture, mechanical, civil engineering, architecture).
- Organized, efficient, structured, focused and goal oriented
- Flexible, dedicated, loyal and passionate for the job
- Excellent communication skills for both personal and written interaction with suppliers
- Able to learn fast specifics about our industry including materials, production processes, retail environments, etc.
- Advanced level of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint is a must
- Knowledge of 3D design software advantageous
- Knowledge of Inventor software advantageous
- English – fluent level
- Chinese language – native level