Content Specialist & Project Manager - Office of the CTO
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Content Specialist & Project Manager
The Elevate team is looking for an outstanding content specialist with a flair for creative storytelling and passion for people communications. The Content Specialist will project manage & execute on a range of content creation assignments including product descriptions to profiles to traditional articles to social media content and corporate writing.
The content specialist should have exceptional writing skills and a keen eye for detail. The candidate should have experience with and feel comfortable working with senior leadership. You aspire to bring relatable connectivity and an engaging perspective for technical subject matter.
The role requires extensive collaboration with people and teams to plan, manage and deliver creative content solutions across all stakeholders.
The content specialist will report to and work closely with the Senior Producer, Content to implement content plans and ideate for Product Organization & The Office of the CTO. The content specialist will frequently interact and collaborate with the Elevate team for projects aligned to the successful delivery of the strategy.
- Develop or expand subject matter expertise in Extreme’s core technologies and vision
- Distill complex and highly technical concepts into simple and compelling messages with clean creative copy and a distinct voice, while staying relevant to technical or business audiences.
- Take charge of content management platforms to ensure in sync operations at all times
- Work closely on presentations, and webinars on behalf of leadership and follow through with insights from multiple stakeholders.
- Ensure quality of delivery on all approaches for developing, managing, and distributing content.
- Jump in when needed to help the Team with social, blog, SharePoint, and others.
- Collaborate with the Elevate team to drive content, tackle communication challenges for existing and unaddressed needs
- Maintain a strong working relationship with internal stakeholders as well as external agencies
- Research new communication methodologies and tech to enrich the content strategy.
- The ideal candidate would have excellent project management skills
- Adept at juggling competing priorities
- Work well in high pressure situations/shifting priorities
- Enjoys working together with a team.
- You have exceptional communication skills
- A propensity for critical thinking and a confident, open-minded, and flexible attitude.
- You bring a strong work ethic with a high degree of accuracy, creativity, and follow-through.
- You’re passionate about pushing work to the next level to deliver content and strategies that exceed expectations.
- BA/BS degree/ 4+ years of experience in a content development role
- Marketing experience, in a tech-focused company OR agency experience preferred
- Professional writing background is a plus
- Track record of creating successful marketing content from start to finish
- Deep understanding of digital best practices and a passion for emerging trends
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills with a keen eye for detail
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.