SR MGR OF QA ENGINEERING
Roles & Responsibilities:
This is an opportunity to manage test team w.r.t the planning and execution at different phases of the product life-cycle, including but not limited to Feature Testing, Regression and Automation test engineering. It’s a first line manager position in Test Engineering. Strong technical orientation on IP networking and Data Center Fabric hands-on experience is a must. Strong hands-on experience in Feature Testing, Regression, exposure to automation framework, scripts development, script integration, regression calendar management, driving end-to-end aspects of entire release, understanding of entire software development process etc., are required. Exposure to majority of below listed areas are needed:
- Good exposure to networking technologies such as IPv4/IPv6 Routing, Multicast, MPLS, BGP, EVPN, L2 protocols (VxLAN/Trunking, LACP/Link Aggregation, Ethernet, etc); Dockerization and Virtualization technologies.
- Exposure to doing customer use case demos and setting up the topologies.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience of test tools and automation frameworks. Python programming experience is highly preferred.
- Should have hands-on experience on Test planning, topology planning, requirement-to-testcase mapping, Test case writing, Defect logging and tracking, with excellent debugging skills.
- Understanding of Agile-JIRA workflows. Status Reporting & Risk Management skills.
- Good knowledge of testing methodologies, knowledge of different testing types and overall product life-cycle
- Good communication skills and experience in working with remote teams and stakeholders is essential.
- Industry experience of 12+ years in datacom/telecom with minimum 2+ years of experience as a test manager and should have managed 8 to 10 employees.
- Ability to multi-task, handle customer escalations on demand, technically drive the team in customer issue repro, strong collaboration skills to work with TAC, Development, and account teams.