TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER
Technical Support Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks, Inc. is setting a new standard for providing superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The Global Technical Assistance Center provides direct access to knowledgeable Technical Support Engineers via phone or web portal. We continue to ensure the majority of our customer issues are resolved without requiring escalation.
The GTAC engineer for Extreme Networks troubleshoots and resolves configuration, network, and software issues while utilizing resources of peers, knowledgebase, and software development. The GTAC engineer will continue to develop technical expertise in areas relevant to Extreme Networks and use it to provide guidance for customers and peers. A successful candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, and must be able to handle multiple issues in an organized manner.
- Provide Support for partners and end customers via telephone, e-mail, and web
- Ability to manage a high work volume with time bound constraints
- Analyzes problems and identifies solutions by utilizing databases of existing issues, debugging tools and simple or moderate lab simulations
- Provide Tier 2/3 technical expertise in resolving IP/SP product issues
- Ensures escalations and handoffs are efficient by documenting cases clearly and completely
- Escalate and collaborate with Software and/or Hardware Engineering to see the problem through to resolution
- Develop subject matter expertise and train/mentor others
- Use troubleshooting skills to: perform lab replications, research more difficult problems, test engineering provided fixes to ensure the solution resolves the customer problem
- Travel to provide onsite support when needed
- Be able to work on a weekend rotation
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- OpenStack and/or Kubernetes experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, energetic and positive approach to solving problems
- Organization and time management skills - must be able to handle multiple issues in an organized manner
- CCNA certification is a plus
- Knowledge of Network routing & switching protocols extremely helpful
- Willingness to travel to provide onsite support when needed, and work on a weekend rotation
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.