Manager of Systems Engineering
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
We are looking for a Manager of Systems Engineering. The Extreme Systems Engineering position is responsible for handling technical selling responsibilities for major account opportunities. The SE team provides specific technology/product consulting, technical sales support for Enterprise/SLED account opportunities, performs in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects. The SE Manager will also lead technical consulting, upper level management and/or in-depth presentations on Extreme Networks technology solutions. Up to 75% Travel required.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Strong, successful pre-sales engineering track record in the industry and territory in a similar position is necessary.
- At least 3-5 years’ experience in leading an SE team Enterprise Market and direct sales engineering experience is ideal with emphasis on verticals-ISP's, publishing, financials, manufacturing, insurance, engineering, large universities, utilities, and government organizations.
- Experience working with Channel is a plus for technical training on products.
- Major account experience and experience in closing deals is necessary.
- Strong Gigabit Ethernet LAN switching and routing technical skills, knowledge of OSPF and BGP routing protocols and TCP/IP conversant is essential.
- Strong Cloud focused skills including knowledge of public cloud offerings, understanding how these clouds are architected, marketed and consumed by organizations
- Must have strength in working in Layers 2-7 of the OSI model, strong datacom network design experience and strong data equipment pre-sales engineering experience (routers, switches, gigabit ethernet).
- Must be able to support customer evaluations, demonstrations and detail design requirements.
- Oversee the SE's work with current and potential customers as they assist in design reviews and design recommendations.
- Approve formal Extreme Networks product and company presentations from the SE to customers, partners and prospects.
- Monitor each SE/Business relationship and guide the work load, flow and execution in product planning and/or enhancements.
- Assist all System Engineers in teaming up with their Sales Rep to develop and grow assigned territory leveraging both reseller channels and direct customer contracts.
- Be responsible for recruiting, hiring and performance evaluations of the SE team.
- BS required, preferably in a technical discipline.
- Proven record as a technical closer
- Experience in sales leadership and management, including mentoring and motivating staff members
- Experience managing a team of geographically diverse sales engineers
- Technical aptitude and the ability to work with technical staff in a credible way
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.