Principal Data Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Principal Data Engineer
Extreme Networks is searching for a Principal Data Engineer to spearhead the architecture, design, and implementation of a new data analytics framework.
Extreme’s Data Lake is built from the ground up to take full advantage of Extreme’s end-to-end networking solutions. Using innovative machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies, our data analysis framework, analyzes and interprets tens of millions of network devices, and user data points from the network edge to the data center, to drive actionable business insights and deliver new levels of automation and intelligence.
As a key member of the data science team, you will have the opportunity to contribute across the entire product life cycle, from definition to implementation.
What You Will Do
You will be part of a high-performing agile scrum team that architects, designs, implements, and tests a high performance, high efficiency data analytics framework. Development will include innovative technologies in the fields of real time, batch and stream processing, cluster management & security, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. You will have the opportunity to take new ideas from concept to delivery, working closely with team members and cross-functional partners to architect, design, and develop high-quality solutions that take into consideration scalability, availability, persistence, and performance.
- 10+ years of industry experience in software engineering
- Work experience with machine learning and statistical methodologies (decision trees, KMeans, classification, regression, SVM) preferably using Python scikit-learn
- Real time, batch, and stream processing analytics skills using: Pandas, Koalas, Vaex, Apache Spark and/or Dask
- Hands-on knowledge of NoSQL, time series, in memory databases: Elasticsearch, InfluxDB, Redis, Parquet
- Docker and Kubernetes expertise
- Automated testing using Pytest
Additional Desired Qualifications
- API Proficiency: REST API in GoLang/Python, strong OpenAPI literacy
- Data Serialization using Google ProtoBuf and/or Amazon Kinesis
- GitHub expertise
- Hands-on experience working on resilient, scalable distributed systems
You Will Be a Great Fit If You Are
- A quick learner with excellent communication skills
- Tenacious in your approach to problem solving
- Highly productive with minimal supervision
- Eager to learn about and adopt the latest technologies and best practices in your field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.