*UX Designer, Extreme Customer Experience - Cork, Ireland
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. For 2020 ExtremeCloud IQ was named CRN's 2020 Networking Product of the Year!
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks helps customers transform and enhance their businesses with our cloud-based technology - making it even easier for customers to grow as they go, both in a technical and commercial sense. Our products offer flexible, feature-rich, application tiers tailored to every business, budget, and IT needs, that delivers the management, intelligence and assurance our customers require. Extreme Networks creates and end-to-end effortless networking experience. Within Customer Experience our mission is to create data-driven beautiful and differentiated experiences. We are looking to flip networking on its head and build something the world would never expect from a networking company.
As a UX Designer you will report to the Extreme’s UX Social Team Lead. As a UX Expert you will help define innovative UI and UX for a B2B2C mobile app and responsive web used by millions of global users. You will partner closely with various product teams, engineering, business, customer experience, and other cross functional groups. Employing empathy, industry best practices and data to reimagine UX for a mobile and social first networking strategy at Extreme. We are looking for someone who wants to think outside of the box and finds energy in developing creative solutions to complex problems.
- Participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager, and User Research. Drive the clarification of the user tasks and objectives.
- Develop user experience design concepts, wireframes, mockups, prototypes, usage scenarios, task analysis, specifications, and other UX design deliverables.
- Work with User Research to craft user testing prototypes and protocols in support of ongoing user testing.
- Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
- Apply current design patterns and guidelines to create a coherent cross-device experience for desktop and mobile web products.
- Ensure that visual design mockups meet the objectives of the user experience, fit with the overall brand and Design System.
- Help contribute to and maintain Design System shared by the entire UX team
- 5+ years as a User Experience Designer, creating excellent experiences that delight the customer.
- Ability to think and design holistically to create a cohesive and coherent product experience.
- Strong attention to the visual details and to consistency (layout, typography, information hierarchy, etc…)
- High degree of creativity and problem-solving. Strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Exceptional understanding of fundamental design principles. Ability to distill complex problems into clean and intuitive design solutions
- Proven leadership, organizational and communication skills. Ability to collaborate well with the larger team and across teams.
- Proficiency in UX Design tools such as Figma, Sketch or similar tools to create user interfaces.
- Understanding of current design patterns and guidelines for desktop and mobile web experiences.
- Experience designing for both desktop and mobile web or responsive web products.
- Ability to rapid prototype ideas with different levels of fidelity (sketch, whiteboard, wireframes, etc)
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in design, or a related field.
- Experience designing consumer-facing products.
- Experience designing mobile, social or gaming apps.
- Experience working on recommendation experiences.
- Strong visual design skills.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.