PRINCIPAL SW SYSTEMS ENGINEER
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
- Be part of the Automation Infrastructure and webtool team to develop various applications automation solutions for Engineering wired org. Provide support for the python ,robot and ansible based frameworks
- Hands on experience in writing advance Python applications.
- Help build Automation infrastructure in Python/Java for high-end network appliances and virtual products
- Plan, prototype and implement new applications and features using Python
- Provide input for new systems and applications by researching latest open source solutions
- Follow sound software development methodologies for coding, code reviews, unit/integration/regression testing and source code control
- Experience in AWS/Linux/Cloud/DevOps Engineer roles.
- Working experience with Cloud infrastructure of AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Experience in all facets of full CM process with tools such as SVN, GIT Jenkins, Bambo.
- Knowledge in CI/CD is desirable
- Involved in setting up Jenkins Master and multiple slaves for the entire team as a CI tool as part of Continuous development and deployment process .
- Hands on experience in managing the virtual hosts using Oracle VMware and Docker.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox. Created custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine, Compose and Docker Registry .
- Dockerized applications by creating Docker images from Docker file.
- Proficient in all aspects of software life cycle like Build/Release/Deploy and specialized in cloud automation through open source DevOps tools like Jenkins, Chef.
- Extensive experience in designing and implementation of continuous integration, continuous delivery, continuous deployment through Jenkins.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.