Marketing Content Specialist
Marketing Content Specialist
*Some off hour work will be need for this role
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks is looking for a digital content creator for Product Marketing, with the ability to generate stories, videos, and interviews for a wide range of platforms, including website, social channels, internal news articles, podcast interviews and audio-visual content.
If you’re looking for a quick-paced, dynamic role where you will both lead and support content creation across multiple digital platforms, this is the position for you. You will have the opportunity to help Extreme tell its corporate story and in doing so, help explain the future of the world of networks.
Although the content will at times be technical, technical expertise is not a requirement for this role. The main elements of this position are an interest in tech, along with a lively mind and an inquisitive nature.
The position is based within the Elevate team at Extreme, which is led by the Senior Manager of Content and Communications. Elevate functions as an internal agency and content studio for the Product and Technology departments and is a react-quick department, tasked with rapid responses to timely issues, and it is also responsible for considerable long-term content planning and creation.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with key members of the Product Marketing Team, the Corporate Communications team, the Digital Team, and senior leadership at Extreme to generate a steady stream of varied content for internal and external audiences.
- Working as an expert storyteller – converting ‘tech speak’ on our products, offerings, concepts, campaigns and more into compelling stories for intended audiences
- Proactively connecting with internal experts to demystify tech content into relatable content
- Representing Elevate at strategy meetings to Identify content communication requirements for due process within the marketing and communications integrated calendars
- Lead & develop a robust system for content briefs & creative process for deliverables for the Product Marketing team to ensure timely delivery of content
- Developing social first content & copy guidelines for key product launches & campaigns
- Liaising directly with the content production agency, Dialect and other agencies as required, to support the scope of work for Product Marketing in sync with the other content streams
- Planning internal content for employee engagement for marketing campaigns and initiatives
- Tracking and reviewing analytics for performance insights and reporting on an on-going basis
- Recommending improvements& best practices based on analytics to improve content strategy
- Participating in relevant committees and cohorts to support key objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, content creation or related field
- At least 5+ years’ experience in marketing communications functions, communications, or a related field (e.g., in corporate, journalism, government, political, or agency settings).
- Must be a problem-solver who can identify and strategically resolve communication gaps
- Audio-visual Storytelling capabilities and superb project management skills
- Have an outstanding ability to distill complex messaging into simple, crisp, and clear messaging.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.