Sr. Director, Information Technology, Infrastructure & Cloud Services
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
For this high-impact role, we seek an experienced customer focused IT leader with a broad technology infrastructure background. The leader we seek will devise and implement the strategic plan related to the stable, secure, and cost-effective operation of the organization’s IT infrastructure. Recommend and manage short and long term projects designed to meet business requirements for infrastructure functionality, performance, availability, cost and business continuity needs while considering business direction and growth strategies. They will be responsible for the design and administration of server and network systems, storage solutions, virtual environments, and cloud architecture. They will be responsible for providing end user technologies and services that enable maximized employee productivity. Assists the CIO and team with the design, and ensuring compliance to, infrastructure related IT governance, Legal and Regulatory required policies, and procedures, such as access management and change management.
The Sr. Director, Information Technology, Infrastructure & Cloud Services will lead a diverse global IT team; communicate job expectations; assemble and coordinate project team members; assign individual responsibilities, planning, monitoring, measuring, and appraising job results to measurable goals and detect potential performance problems, provide feedback for corrective action. They will demonstrate ability to lead initiatives in planning, developing, and executing business process re-engineering, architecture, business cases, development, analytics, contract management, financial management and resource management. This leader will organize and manage all phases of projects to ensure on-time, scope and within budget. Demonstrate trouble shooting and critical thinking skills. They will create strategic outsourcing partnerships resulting in scalable and repeatable resourcing of projects.
The successful candidate will set strategy and establish standards and ensure compliance and accuracy for assigned technical baselines, including cloud architectures, server technologies, and communication technologies, LANs, WANs, Internet, Intranet, security, wireless implementations, and any devices connecting to, or containing DNC data or systems. Design and implement short and long term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements. Define hardware, software, and communication standards in conjunction with owners and stakeholders. Develop testing methodologies for infrastructure performance and security. Describe workflow and systems applications in a clear, concise manner. Develop proposed budgets and manage operational costs; conduct near and long-term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base. Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, stakeholders, department heads, and end users regarding pertinent infrastructure activities. The Sr. Director of Infrastructure & Cloud Services will negotiate with vendors and contractors while leveraging internal Extreme Networks Procurement expertise to secure infrastructure-specific products and services. Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
- Ensure high availability of Corporate IT systems.
- Provide input, support and leadership for server, storage, network, and telecom infrastructure-related tasks.
- Design and manage server, storage, network, and telecom environments and ensure high service levels are achieved.
- Manage daily IT infrastructure operations to ensure high availability.
- Direct IT infrastructure project management activities around new construction and special projects.
- Manage all internal, co-located and cloud data centers.
- Manage and execute the infrastructure components of Extreme Networks IT projects.
- Interface with the Facilities team and provide input to data center planning, office build-out and management and overall system requirements. Negotiate all adds / changes / deletes with the Facilities team.
- Aid in assembly capacity information on assigned equipment and prepare monthly / as-needed capacity performance reports.
- Communicate up and out on all IT issues. Keep all levels of management informed on progress.
- Select, motivate, and develop a high-performing staff.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science or electrical engineering. Master's degree a plus.
- 15+ years IT experience in large, enterprise, multi-location data centers, including experience in the implementation, management and maintenance of information technology infrastructure and IT systems including cloud architectures, server technologies, communication technologies, LANs, WANs, enterprise content management and end user devices and management.
- Experience with Cloud services.
- Understands the power of data in managing and optimizing IT services
- Effective interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate efforts across departments.
- Proven ability in hybrid data center management with a strong cloud focus.
- Strong understanding of uninterruptible environments.
- Significant project management, problem-solving and presentation experience.
- Strong process and process-improvement orientation.
- High-energy team player with a positive attitude.
- Cool disposition under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with a proven ability to interface and influence all levels of management.
- Supervises project engineering and implementation teams; approximately 10-15 people. Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders, manage competing agendas and priorities, and translate complex information across internal and external audiences.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.