There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
This role will play a key technical lead role as part of a team responsible for the development of advanced analytical solutions to deliver enhanced customer experience and actionable data insights based on data analysis. The types of projects involved in achieving this vision include building and deploying predictive models, customer segmentation, and proof of concept builds. This role will include developing data science projects and setting up the platform to effectively use data science capabilities to take actionable business decisions. The role requires a strong focus on governance and processes, along with stakeholder engagement.
- Lead and execute advanced data science projects that transform complex problems into compelling marketing and customer insights.
- Provide guidance on AI capabilities available internally or in the market place to determine best path forward.
- Driving / promoting best practices on effective use of AI/ML solutions.
- Using the vast amounts of data available develop analytical models that support our customers and deliver on business objectives.
- Lead the development of advanced analytical projects, such as forecast, price prediction, cost prediction, etc.
- Act as technical expert on data mining, machine learning, statistical analysis, and modelling.
- Create processes to measure the value of modelling to the organization with clear targets, KPIs and measurement in place.
- Identify and integrate new internal and external data sources including internal structured data, semi-structured web data, unstructured text data to improve model accuracy.
- Use data visualization tools to explain your results simply and succinctly to senior audiences.
- Provide technical leadership to team of high-skilled data analysts, while mentoring and developing junior members of the team.
- Actively participate in complex analytical projects
- Strong focus on process and governance
- Ideal candidate should have a degree in mathematics/computer science/ statistics/operations research/quantitative social science, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Software development principles and architecture
- Experience using Python, R, SQL
- Experience using data science libraries such as NumPy, Pandas, Keras/TensorFlow, PySpark, Scikit-learn etc.
- Experience with data visualization tools like tableau or Power BI
- High level knowledge of statistics and mathematics
- Experience with Natural language processing and Machine leaning
- Good Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.