There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
If you’re ready for a great career opportunity in Supply Chain, now is the time to join our team at Extreme Networks. We are currently looking for a Commodity Specialist to join our team. With the team based out of our Salem, NH office & remote work environment a new-norm; you will be a key contributor to helping us achieve business goals. Extreme Networks deploys an advanced Supply Chain, with internal & external technology development; outsourced globally with strong ODM / semiconductor presence in Asia.
- Manage commodity supplier relationships and contract pricing, pricing reports, & PPV
- Deploy and track cost reduction plans, or PPV with suppliers that directly impact yearly economic performance
- Responsible for ensuring the continuity of supply and material availability across all geographies
- Resolve shortage escalations from manufacturing partners
- Focus on component shortages in addition to global availability searches, alternative part qualifications & multi-sourcing
- Managing Distribution relationship with ODMs & component suppliers
- Manage and report on supplier spend and risk mitigation plans including PCN, component EOL, LTB reviews, and multi-sourcing
- Lead periodic strategic commodity meetings with key suppliers
- Actively participate in supplier QBR’s
- Build external relationships with key suppliers to support Extreme’s outsourced manufacturing model
- Influence internal suppliers – engineering, NPI teams, finance – to achieve department goals
- Obtain knowledge & advise of industry trends, market factors, & risks affecting commodities
- Assist on emerging global supply chain models & materials strategies
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities & projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Business
- 2 to 5 years supply chain or relevant experience
- Excellent demonstrated negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, conflict resolution, data-processing and problem-solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills required; expert skill level a plus
- Experience with Agile, Kinaxis Rapid Response – a plus
- Self-motivated, able to work independently to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work in a fast paced, goal oriented, and time sensitive environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills, positive attitude, team player
LOCATION: Can be based at our Salem, NH or Raleigh - RDU, NC sites. Also open to remote-US with preference for East Coast for time-zone, team is based in Salem, NH and some in Raleigh/RDU, NC. We're all working remotely until it's safe to return to our offices.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.