SR MGR OF SW SYSTEMS ENGINEERING
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in
the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Position :Manager/Sr Manager of SW Engineering
Experience: 10 to 20 Years
JD -NPB & 5G Manager
- Expertise in 5G/LTE core networks and IP networking in datacenters, especially DPI aspects.
- Experience in virtualization and dockers using Kubernetes
- Will be Responsible for product delivery, including feature architecture and development of distributed systems (detailed design, Coding and Unit Test/Integration test with high quality) of our flagship mobile/IP network packet broker products and its virtual variants with 5G visualization support.
- Hands-on leader who can root cause and solve complex software issues, often working with cross-functional teams, found in Engineering Testing or in customer deployments.
- Customer and Quality champion – be able to review, provide comments and approve Functional specifications, Design and Test plans.
- Contribute in architecting and designing novel solutions to customer needs, both obvious and hidden.
- 10 to 20 years of strong software development experience in mobile switching and routing products, with special focus on 5G or LTE core networking domains.
- Strong in-depth knowledge in some of following areas: Session Management, GTP-U, GTP-C, IPv4/v6 & Multicast Protocols, GRE, Vxlan, SIP/IMS, DPI, Forwarding Data Path and Control Path.
- Experience using Golang/C/C++ on Linux in a multi-core, multi-threading environment
- Work experience in cloud infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes & Containers.
- Working knowledge of data path and technologies like ONF Stratum and exposure to Barefoot pipeline is an added advantage.
- Experience in customers or field interaction to come up with solutions for critical design & customer requirements will be huge plus.
- Should be able to independently exercise wide latitude in determining objectives & approaches to critical technical assignments
- Agile development
- Education qualification - Bachelors/Masters in EC or CS (or related areas)
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit
Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at