Sr. Federal Account Executive
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Federal Sales Account Executive is responsible for driving new business, building and maintaining customer loyalty, ensuring high retention rates, promoting our Customer centric culture/forward thinking strategies and initiatives within our Federal Community customer base. The successful Federal Sales Account Executive will leverage our three-tiered sales model, prospecting for new business and partnering with the internal/external Sales teams providing our Customers with an experience exceeding expectations. The team is made up of credible top performers who foster an entrepreneurial spirit and deliver predictable and consistent revenue growth. Position Responsibilities:
- Represent our comprehensive solution of end to end Wired / Wireless Data Networking; Network Management, Security solutions, and Professional Services, growing revenue and profit margins within the assigned territory
- Provide in-depth business planning and reporting (monthly forecast, weekly commit, pipeline development, etc.)
- Develop strong, mutually beneficial relationships with cross-functional teams within the territory and across the company
- Proactively work to gain new business through professional networking, setting up customer sales meetings for technical briefings and/or executive briefings, and by devising other creative, effective sales approaches with solutions to find and close federal sales opportunities
- Show initiative with ability to get in front of federal system integrators as well as other key government contractors who operate across the Federal community
- Develop new market initiatives, assess new markets, and analyze business opportunities
- Work with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives
- Demonstrated history of direct sales success in the Federal Government’s Federal market.
- Driven to successfully close large complex deals amid a mix of new business, established accounts and channel management
- Strong executive presence and communications skills; with effective Solution Selling skills into enterprise networking environments at the CXO levels.
- Experience with setting up business plan for forecast and pipeline quarterly and yearly
- Must be a self-starter with high energy and drive who takes initiative and works with limited direction
- An accomplished Account Executive with strong regional customer and channel partner relationships
- Proven and verifiable track record in meeting and exceeding sales quotas and winning new business.
- Strong Competitive Industry and Product Knowledge with ability to articulate the Extreme Networks Business Value Proposition
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.