STAFF SW APPLICATIONS ENGINEER- Build Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme’s Cloud Operations team is a group of talented engineers passionate about building highly reliable, scalable and secure solutions in public/private cloud environments. We are looking to hire a highly motivated Build and Release Engineer with strong working experience in providing innovative solutions for production build systems in support of ExtremeCloud IQ. The role empowers build engineers to influence new feature integration by collaborating with engineers from Software, Hardware, QA, and Cloud Operations teams. You will work with the team to design, develop and implement deployment automation solutions end-to-end. You will also be expected to participate in cloud service operation, troubleshoot and resolve complex issues in Dev/QA cloud testbeds. We will work together to design, develop and implement the best public / private / local cloud solutions for our customers. Extreme Networks is the right place to be and now is the right time to join us and be part of our spectacular growth and success. We're looking for the best and the brightest 'A' players who want to make a difference doing a job they love.
- Developing and automating workflows using Declarative and Scripted Jenkins Pipeline.
- Experience managing and administering GitHub
- Developing and maintaining build scripts with Maven
- Develop tools to ensure integrity of the build system.
- Work on improving the efficiency and speed of the builds.
- Improve the efficiency and speed of packaging jobs.
- Explore new build systems and tools.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a build and release engineering role.
- Good scripting knowledge in bash, groovy, maven and gradle
- Hands on experience with AWS or any public cloud (Azure, GCP etc).
- Knowledge of Linux.
- Ability to debug java stack trace.
- Ability to write scripts and tools in bash, groovy, python, gradle.
- Basic knowledge of ansible, Kubernetes, Kubeflow, chart, helm
- Working knowledge of container-based architecture and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Working knowledge of deployment automation development (Ansible, Terraform, Helm).
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved.
- Comfortable working within a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.