Professional Services Engineer
Professional Services Engineer
*Candidates can be located in any European country
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Professional Services Engineer Responsibilities:
The Extreme Professional Services Engineer (PSE) will work within a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers to support multiple customer implementation projects throughout the EMEA region. The PSE role requires a broad range of technical, troubleshooting and excellent customer communication skills. The PSE is considered the “trusted advisor” for the customer during the network implementation. The PSE’s role is to provide a high quality implementation of all product areas of the Extreme Network product suites, by ensuring that all networking implementations meet the customer requirements.
- Assist Sales with scoping projects and define PS deliverables.
- Provide project implementation support onsite and remote.
- Responsible for creation and maintaining of project documentation during implementation.
- Responsible as technical lead and trusted advisor to the customer during implementation.
- Responsible as liaison between sales and customer during implementation.
- Work with Extreme partners and sales staff to implement the Extreme solution that was sold.
- Must maintain excellent knowledge on all Extreme product suites.
- Coach and mentor other members of Professional Services and Professional Service’s partners.
- Ability to escalate any customer issues to management in a timely manner.
- Assist management and PMO with estimating Professional Services engagements.
- Occasionally present Professional Services offers/ability to customers.
- Fluent in English language to a high technical standard.
- Other languages skills are an advantage.
- Expert in networking technologies with industry and regional knowledge and experience. (6 or more years’ experience)
- Thorough knowledge of security design features and ability to implement and perform analysis of network and systems security design. (4 or more years’ experience)
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment.
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme solution effectively.
- Ability to effectively implement Extreme products and solutions in a mission critical environment within a scheduled downtime or with no downtime.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain satisfied customers.
- Excellent inter-personal, technical presentation and communications skills.
- Proven team player.
- Ability and Willingness to travel.
- Willingness to work out of hours when required.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent time management skills.
Desired Skills / Experience:
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Network Certifications desired (i.e. CCNA, CISSP, CCIE, CWTS/CWNA, etc.).
- Windows Administration Skills (Average Level).
- Linux Administration Skills (Average Level).
- Knowledge on Application behavior and Application visibility.
- Basic Project Management skills.
- In-depth knowledge of some or all of the following Extreme technologies is a plus:
- Extreme Switching and Routing.
- Extreme Campus Fabric.
- Extreme Data Center solutions.
- Extreme Network Management (XMC)/Extreme Site Engine (XIQ-SE).
- Network Access Control (NAC).
- Wireless; Extreme Wireless. Cloud Wireless and/or Extreme WiNG.
- Extreme Workflow Composer/Stackstorm.
- Expert level knowledge of:
- All Layer 2 technologies.
- Layer 3 technologies, especially OSPF and BGP.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.