DISTINGUISHED SW SYSTEMS ENGINEER
DISTINGUISHED SW SYSTEMS ENGINEER
*Candidates for this role can be located in any European country.
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
An ideal candidate has wide experience in harnessing their Engineering skills to address and resolve, real-world customer issues. You will be joining a newly formed team working on new products in a fast-paced environment working on cutting edge technology with opportunities to directly drive and impact the business, and the wider industry.
We are looking for Engineers who have a desire to help define and drive the Company Data strategy and assist in developing and nurturing more Junior Engineers to be future ‘Industry Leaders’. You will be working with leaders and peers from engineering, product, sales and marketing. A person with good inter-personal skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds is super critical. You see success in your team’s success and help them achieve it by bringing in ideas from industry and enforcing best practices on a day-to-day basis.
- 12+ years of software and/or data science engineering experience at various levels
- Experience with architecting secure, distributed and scalable systems
- Experience with Python, NLP and other programming languages
- Full data science stack experience is desirable (including Machine Learning, Big Data, Data Visualization, Production Data Science Models)
- Experience with ML stacks from AWS, GCP and MS Azure
- Experience with designing REST APIs, working with SQL/NoSQL databases and messaging queues (other emerging technologies is highly desired)
- Experience driving release engineering (CI/CD, release automation)
- Prior experience with contributing to / participating in open source communities and projects is a plus
- Prior experience leading teams to deliver SaaS releases is preferred
- Prior cross organizational collaboration experience is valued
Apart from the above technical skills, following soft skills are required:
- Ability to work as part of a diverse and distributed organization
- Ability to work autonomously whilst having a collaborative and team orientated mindset
- Confidence and desire to challenge the ‘status quo’ and ask probing questions
- Take ownership for work and be able to communicate decision making processes
- A strong interest and passion for learning new technologies
- Ability to communicate and influence at the highest level within the Organization
- Business Development and Strategy
- Opportunity Market and Financial Analysis
- 4G LTE, 5G NR and Carrier WiFi
- Small Cells (Metro/Pico/Femto/DAS)
- RF communications, Wireless Telecom
- Cloud, SaaS, Edge Computing (MEC)
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.