Premier Delivery Engineer-Berlin/Leipzig Area
Premier Delivery Engineer-Berlin/Leipzig Area
*Candidates must have Extreme Networks Product experience.
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Premier Delivery Engineer-Berlin/Leipzig Area
If you're ready for a great career opportunity, now is the time to join Extreme Networks! Recognized by both IDC and Gartner for our market leadership in data center networks, Extreme helps organizations around the world build the networks of tomorrow...today.
The Premier Delivery Engineer (PDE) is a member of the Premier Support Delivery Organization which provides an enhanced level of post-sale support to customers that purchase this white glove program above their maintenance contract. The PDE provides technical guidance, technical recommendations, issue escalation support and consultation for the Extreme Network products used by customers to which they are designated. For this position, we are seeking:
Strategic Extreme Networks focus areas include
- Intense Customer Focus & Advocacy
- Campus, Enterprise, Network Management, Service Provider, Data Center, Ethernet Fabrics
- IP Network Configurations and Troubleshooting, in all Areas like Cloud, Wireless, Switching, Routing, Security, Access Control Fabric, Machine Learning, Internet of Things
- Extensive Network Management & Automation Skills
- Cloud & Extreme Cloud IQ
The Premier Delivery Engineer member will have the following roles and responsibilities.
- Provide technical support to Extreme Networks Premier customers focusing on product portfolio with focus on wireless, edge, campus and especially cloud. Drive Premier services ability to support Extreme Cloud IQ
- Duties include Case handling, first line troubleshooting, acting as an escalation for customer 1st level engineers, and full engagement with Extreme GTAC for situation control and resolution.
- Assists third party maintainer (TPM) with hardware replacements if necessary.
- Mature network management and troubleshooting skills; understand, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve customer issues on Extreme equipment.
- Define, manage, and execute problem resolution plans and communicate closure/resolution to Extreme customer support, Premier Delivery Manager (PDM), Partners, and Customers.
- Resource for maintenance, tuning and proactive Plan and maintain health and optimization of client’s Extreme environments.
- Duties include but are not limited to problem resolution, upgrades as well as involvement and management of ‘political' situations.
- Participates in weekly support meetings as required. Provide regular status reporting on projects and regular proactive support tasks.
- Effectively manage many different tasks simultaneously.
- Configure and guide on the Extreme Cloud IQ direction
- Ability to use diagnostic aids, tools and appropriate lab equipment as necessary.
- Acquire and maintain extensive knowledge on Extreme products and how they fit into our cloud strategy.
- Pursue technical training paths and industry certification in order to enhance delivery capabilities
Travel and normal work hours will be:
- Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm local time or as agreed between customer and Extreme
- Work Schedule: Able to be flexible for last minute and planned travel requirements, including after
hours and weekends as required.
- Travel: the position is mainly onsite with customer, but limited travel is possible <10%
Location Required: Germany -- preferably Berlin / Leipzig Area
Extreme Networks Culture:
- Teamwork: The strength of a team is more powerful than an individual. We work together to drive improved performance. We pull our weight, give others credit for success, push peers to raise their game and celebrate winning as a team!
- Transparency: Each of us has a unique view about what is happening, helping or hurting our performance. We can’t change what we can’t see. We have to know what’s really going on. So we share what we see and what is happening, not assuming others know what we know. We shine a light on it.
- Candor: We keep it real and embrace difficult conversations in a constructive way. Being honest in all of our communications isn’t easy. No sugarcoating and no elephants in the room, being respectful but telling the truth.
- Curiosity: Why do we win? Why do we lose? How can we do better? Where should we invest? Asking questions, committing to learn more, looking for best practices, that’s the Extreme way. Being smarter than the competition. Higher intelligence drives higher performance.
- Ownership: It’s our company. We have skin in the game. We invest the time and energy to make the changes that get the best outcomes for our customers, shareholders and ourselves. We are accountable.
- Inclusion: By challenging dominant voices to listen and non-dominant voices to speak up, we gain valuable perspective that drives better decision making. By fostering diversity regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or religion, we get that perspective and make more intelligent decisions that drive better business outcomes.
Premier Delivery Engineer – Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, Master’s in Computer Science, MCSE, or equivalent work experience
- 8-10 years' experience in a technical support environment including significant exposure to layer 1 through layer 7 troubleshooting, signaling, data analytics, and switching and routing.
- Strong preference for Cloud, Ethernet Fabrics and Network Management
- excellent German Language needed!
- Business level communication required in German and English
- Additional languages would be an advantage
- Extreme certification(s) must be acquired within 1 year of employment.
- and/or CCIE a plus.
Technical skills & Knowledge
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application of IP protocols.
- Understand network architectures including the roles of routers, switches, and application Resident controllers.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP and OSPF
- MPLS proficiency - VLL/VPLS/MPLS, RSVP, LDP, FRR (detour/bypass)
- Extreme Cloud IQ, XMC, Analytics, Secure & Access Control
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills. Must be able to teach others and grow functional expertise of broader team.
- Network architectures - including the roles of routers, and switches
Below are must have personal skills to be successful with Extreme Networks:
- Customer first attitude - Customer satisfaction through unsurpassed support drives you.
- Must have very strong interpersonal ‘soft' skills.
- Must always demonstrate role-model level customer service/support skills and represent Extreme Networks in a professional manner.
- Must understand the business impact of customer and partner interactions and be able to effectively navigate politically charged situations.
- Must be able to work with customers and partners from different geographies and be culturally sensitive. Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and have proven ability to function effectively with little direct supervision.
- Comfortable with technical and business English usage (documents reading, e-mails, conference calls
Extreme Networks is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.