Associate Technical Support Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Providing excellent Customer Service is the primary responsibility of this job. A for Extreme Networks troubleshoots and resolves configuration, network, and software issues, by utilizing their peer network, and an extensive knowledgebase. The Technical Support Engineer will continue to develop technical expertise in areas relevant to Extreme Networks, and use that expertise to provide guidance to customers, partners, and peers. A successful candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills and must be able to handle multiple issues in an organized manner. The individual will also have the responsibility of creating and updating information in our CRM Solution and knowledge base.
- Provide Support for partners and end customers via telephone, e-mail, and web
- Analyze problems and identify solutions by utilizing databases of existing issues, debugging tools, and simple or moderate lab simulations
- Ensure escalations and handoffs are efficient by documenting cases clearly and completely
- Develop subject matter expertise and train/mentor others
Required Experience and Skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing), ‘soft skills’ and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to multitask several issues and projects simultaneously
- User knowledge of Windows and/or LINUX operating systems
- General experience with network management tools
- General knowledge of networking protocols. Examples include: xSTP (STP, RSTP, or MSTP), IGMP, PIM, LACP, SLPP, IS-IS, SPBM, OSPF, MPLS, VRRP and BGP
- Candidate should have an understanding of basic networking and understand VLAN concepts
- Ability to perform packet capture analysis with tools like Wireshark
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Network certs a plus
- Wireless (802.11) experience a plus
- CWNP certs a plus
Location: Remote Illinois
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.