Staff Software Applications Engineer- CloudOps / DevOps
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Staff Software Applications Engineer
Thornhill- Ontario, Canada
- Design and implement ExtremeCloud Discovery service infrastructure.
- Provision and manage AWS and Azure based Dev/QA cloud testbeds.
- Troubleshoot and follow up on infrastructure / application related issues.
- Automate the service deployment and configuration process.
- Define and standardize the build and release process for ExtremeCloud Discovery application.
- Improve service availability and scalability through tuning, automation, tools, and process.
- Analyze service performance, identify bottleneck, and provide actionable improvement plans.
- Improve service monitoring coverage, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Participate in cloud security and compliance implementation.
- BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in a CloudOps / DevOps role.
- Hands on experience with Azure and any public cloud (AWS, GCP etc).
- Knowledge of Linux, security, and networking fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of container-based architecture and deployment (Docker, Kubernetes.)
- Working knowledge of deployment automation development (Ansible, Terraform, Helm).
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving complex application problems.
- Working knowledge of Jenkins, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis, Ignite, Kafka and RabbitMQ.
- Experience with monitoring tools (Nagios, Kibana, Prometheus)
- Experience developing python scripts and working with Robot Framework is preferred.
- Experience with cloud security and compliance implementation is a plus.
- Strong follow-through and initiative to stay with issues until they are resolved.
- Comfortable working within a distributed team located in multiple time zones.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.