*Portfolio Intelligence Data Engineer (Remote US or Canada)
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Portfolio Intelligence Data Engineer
Portfolio Intelligence, Location: Flexible
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join the Extreme Networks Insights and Intelligence team. In this role, you will work closely with our Customer Success, Customer Experience, Product/CTO, and IT teams to perform data engineering functions on a rich and various set of data sources. You will be part of a team of data scientists, analysts, and engineers determining the data and insights required to support Extreme’s business goals.
As part of the Insights and Intelligence team you will be responsible for getting in place the underlying data required in order to support data scientists and analysts on the team. You will be performing ETL type functions on financial data, customer sales data, customer success data and customer experience data. Data from these disparate sources will need to be joined together in a data warehouse where business schemas can be applied. Analytics and visualizations will be done in Tableau.
- Working under the guidance of the leader of the Portfolio Intelligence team, identify, collect, clean, analyze, and interpret data from various sources
- Develop data set processes
- Identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Working with the IT team, continuously improve the quality of our data in the data warehouse and define required business schemas to support the organization
- Ability to work with large datasets and provide concise analysis and insights.
- Collaborating with data scientists and analysts on projects
- 3+ years of related experience in a data engineering role
- 3+ years of experience in extracting and manipulating large data sets from various relational databases
- Strong coding skills in at least one statistical or programming language to import, summarize, and analyze data (ex. R, python).
- Experience with statistical and machine learning algorithms (e.g. regression, classification and/or clustering).
- Comfort with ambiguity and complex problems.
- Must live and personify the values of Extreme – Teamwork, Transparency, Candor, Curiosity, Ownership, and Inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Advanced degree in STEM or Business an asset.
- Knowledge of customer success platforms and digital adoption platforms an asset
- Excellent verbal, writing, and communication skills.
- Familiarity with data visualization software and techniques. Experience with Tableau an asset.
LOCATION: Remote US or Canada
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.