SR SW SYSTEMS ENGINEER - DevOps/Python/Linux
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
- Building and maintaining tools, solutions, and microservices associated with deployment and our operations platform, ensuring that all meet our customer service standards and reduce errors.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments, and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Update our processes and design new processes as needed to optimize performance.
- Deploy product updates as required while implementing integrations when they arise.
- Automate our operational processes as needed, with accuracy and in compliance with our security requirements.
- Specifying, documenting, and developing new product features, and writing automated scripts so that others may understand.
- Establish DevOps Engineer team best practices.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related processes.
- Work with open-source technologies as needed.
- Work with CI and CD tools, and source control such as GIT, Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, Perforce, SVN
- Strong programming skills with good knowledge of Python is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Offer good technical support where needed, developing software for our back-end systems.
- Stay current with industry trends and source new ways for our business to improve.
- Working knowledge on any of these systems is a plus – JIRA, Confluence, qTest, Coverity, Black Duck
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks