Quality Assurance- QA Software Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after four acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks has embarked on a networking renaissance built around the cloud. We are bringing all the benefits of the cloud to enable effortless operation of Enterprise networks. This technology is not based on old SDN or controller-based network manager of the past. This is the next wave of networking where compute, storage, reliability, and flexibility of the cloud enables Enterprise companies to securely manage, control, and improve visibility into their increasingly distributed private networks.
This is ExtremeCloudIQ (XIQ).
XIQ has been leader in wireless cloud networking for years and that same user experience is now being extended to wired switching and all aspects of Extreme Networks Enterprise networking solutions.
This entry level position is responsible for validating new XIQ switching features to ensure Extreme Networks customers have an exceptional and memorable XIQ user experience. We want Extreme XIQ customers to be delighted by the value cloud-centric networks brings to their daily operations.
This individual will be responsible writing test plans, developing automation test scripts written in Python, investigating automation test failures, opening Jira’s that have well characterized problem descriptions, working with developers to validate fixes, and assisting with maintenance and configuration of automation test beds. You will also be involved in new feature planning and scoping from communication of requirements from PLM to deployment of products to customers via cloud operations.
This position requires working with cloud application and embedded software developers, PLM, a distributed Quality Engineering Team with offices around the world, cloud operations, and documentation writers. It demands someone with a understanding of operational networking excellence from the customer view. They also need to be able to investigate technical issues across a wide range of technologies, adapt to changing technologies, eager to learn new concepts and tools, and provide usability recommendations back into Engineering and PLM for improving the customer experience.
Recommended technical skills needed to perform the job:
- Understanding of JSON/YAML encoding and data structures,
- Experience using Git and Jira is a plus,
- Experience using Swagger and Postman tools is a plus,
- AWS Cloud Practitioner experience is a plus,
- Practical understanding of Enterprise network operations,
- General understanding of L2 and L3 networking protocols,
- General understanding of Ethernet switch architectures,
- Knowledge on the use Enterprise firewalls is a plus, and
- Knowledge of Linux virtualization concepts, Hypervisor, NFV, Containers, and VM.
Education Requirements: Engineering or Computer Science graduates with a BS or MS degree.
Experience: Recent Graduate to two years’ experience.
Location: RTP, NC area. Can work remotely or in the office. Will need to go into the Morrisville office periodically to setup and configure automation test beds and address lab equipment related issues.
Additionally, the professional characteristics the candidate should possess include:
- Able to perform assigned duties with little oversight. Must act proactively to solve issues through investigation, reaching out to peers, or requesting guidance from your manager. The work is fast paced; problems cannot sit unresolved.
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts.
- Possesses high level understanding in the areas of application programming, content management systems, APIs, databases, and DevOps/TestOps concepts.
- Self-motivated individual that possesses excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level.
Location: Position is based at our RDU site in the Raleigh, NC area and not budgeted for relocation. Qualified local candidates & those moving to the area on their own are encouraged to apply.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.