Premier Delivery Manager - DACH/UK/NL/Southern Europe
Premier Delivery Manager - DACH/UK/NL/Southern Europe
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Premier Delivery Manager
If you're ready for a great career opportunity, now is the time to join Extreme Networks! Recognized by both IDC and Gartner for our market leadership in data center networks, Extreme helps organizations around the world build the networks of tomorrow...today.
The Premier Delivery Manager (PDM) is the key customer advocate and the master that provides the high touch engagement for Extreme’s most valued and strategic customers. Every Premier customer is assigned a designated PDM to guide their experience with Extreme through all their pre and post-sale support needs to ensure their Customer Driven Experience is world class!
Premier Delivery Manager is a designated senior support professional who works in partnership with customers and the Extreme Global Technical Assistance Center (GTAC) to deliver enhanced support. They maintain knowledge of case escalations as cases are assigned and routed through the product support teams. For critical situations, they will facilitate activities to achieve quicker resolutions, providing communication updates to all involved parties.
The PDM will participate in periodic review sessions, and on an exception/pre-arranged basis, customer visits and off-hours stand-by for special projects.
The PDM is responsible for establishing a close working relationship with the customer’s operational teams to gain an in-depth knowledge of the account’s products and network that further enhances the Extreme customer relationship. The PDM responsibilities can include:
- Customer advocacy across the support spectrum, including service requests, product needs, information requests, etc.
- Overseeing the customer support process.
- Acts as a central point of coordination and facilitation for network technical issues.
- Engages with the Customer proactively and reactively during issues for troubleshooting task management.
- Primary service relationship management for all service business related issues and is responsible for coordinating all Premier Support activities at the account.
- Reviewing any corrective action plans to drive closure on technical issues.
- Providing or facilitating an assessment of network resiliency and delivers customer-focused service reporting.
- Providing or facilitating expertise in post-sales technical support for Customer’s Extreme products and network.
- Root Cause and Failure Analysis Reports.
- Advising on any known product issues and release notes, pro-actively with the account, as applicable.
- Schedules and conducts review sessions to discuss the account status, open issues, recommendations for new/additional services, and other activities as appropriate.
- Reviews account service trends and history as well as best practices, support and technical reviews.
- Provides business and technical level prioritization and escalation.
- Coordinates cross functional support when required.
- Schedules annual asset survey
Premier Delivery Manager
Account Management: 70%
- Primary account contact for customer satisfaction within Extreme Premier Support
- Coordinate with Sales Teams and Professional Services as the focal point for all post-sales account related activities.
- Proactively engage customer for requirements relating to product enhancements that would improve product serviceability and usability. Work closely with the appropriate Engineering organization to ensure clear understanding and implementation of approved enhancements and creation of official requests for enhancements are given to product management.
- Provide quarterly reviews to assigned Premier and Premier+ accounts.
- Establish regular communications with customers, including on-site visits.
- Utilize Extreme’s SFDC reporting capabilities for product trend analysis for early awareness of issues.
- Provide on-site or remote presence during critical or high-visibility situations, project managing account recovery activities while delivering the appropriate ongoing status and postmortem documentation.
- Work with and provide daily guidance as needed to Extreme GTAC and HW/SW engineers assigned to work issues reported by the assigned customer base.
- Respond promptly to customer needs, providing value added services where applicable.
- Ensure that accurate documentation of customer’s Extreme network, and associated information is current and available for customer support to access and streamline the issue resolution process.
- Monitor, review and track all support cases. Maintain tracking documents and monitor for negative trends taking appropriate actions such as notification/engagement of technical support management team
- Provide proactive administration of the customers environment: Review cases and conduct early trend indicator analysis, review logs, Field Notices, EOL, EOS, etc..
- Proactively engage customer requirements relating to product enhancements that would improve product serviceability and usability. Represent/present the customer requirement to the appropriate Engineering organization to ensure clear understanding and implementation of approved enhancements.
Revenue Generating Service Projects: 15%
- Work closely with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction of all professional services account engagements.
- Support the sales team on pre-sales activities such as customer escalations/troubleshooting, customer demonstrations, lab set-up, training/knowledge transfer, sales calls – travel when essential.
- Proactively engage the sales team to create awareness of new product and solution offerings and first-hand account knowledge of future customer growth requirements.
- Support post sales services engagements such as installations and assessments.
- Develop relationships with customer to degree where new product services can be suggested, and accordingly passed along to the sales team for potential new sales opportunities.
Knowledge Growth and Transfer: 10%
- Mentor and coach co-workers and peers. Share valuable knowledge openly.
- Develop and maintain Extreme customer operation procedures documentation.
- Maintain current industry trends, competition, and technical and product knowledge with respect to its value to Extreme customers.
- Other duties as assigned: 5%
Travel and normal work hours will be:
- Monday through Friday – Typical
- Weekend or overnight hours as required – • PDM must be available for critical customer issues nights and weekends
- Occasional maintenance window support at night or weekend
- May be required to work at customer site full or part time
Location Required: Germany
Extreme Networks Culture:
- Teamwork: The strength of a team is more powerful than an individual. We work together to drive improved performance. We pull our weight, give others credit for success, push peers to raise their game and celebrate winning as a team!
- Transparency: Each of us has a unique view about what is happening, helping or hurting our performance. We can’t change what we can’t see. We have to know what’s really going on. So we share what we see and what is happening, not assuming others know what we know. We shine a light on it.
- Candor: We keep it real and embrace difficult conversations in a constructive way. Being honest in all of our communications isn’t easy. No sugarcoating and no elephants in the room, being respectful but telling the truth.
- Curiosity: Why do we win? Why do we lose? How can we do better? Where should we invest? Asking questions, committing to learn more, looking for best practices, that’s the Extreme way. Being smarter than the competition. Higher intelligence drives higher performance.
- Ownership: It’s our company. We have skin in the game. We invest the time and energy to make the changes that get the best outcomes for our customers, shareholders and ourselves. We are accountable.
- Inclusion: By challenging dominant voices to listen and non-dominant voices to speak up, we gain valuable perspective that drives better decision making. By fostering diversity regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or religion, we get that perspective and make more intelligent decisions that drive better business outcomes.
Premier Delivery Manager – Qualifications
- B. S. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications, or a related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 10 years’ experience in telecommunications or related technical field, preferably network operations related.
- 5 years of customer support experience in data process, data communications or related environment.
- Responsibility for high profile tasks or projects within the scope of a mid-level manager position.
- 5 years of people management and/or leadership.
- Demonstrated leadership in customer account management, carrier class customer experience highly valued.
- Excellent project planning, communication and customer relation skills.
- Project management training or related experience beneficial.
- Ability to manage tense, critical situations, creating and enhancing customer confidence through reliable, repetitive and complete resolutions.
- Ability to effectively lead and/or influence direction of projects or situations in such a manner that resolves issues or needs for the customer and Brocade.
- Ability to create effective team atmosphere that spans organizations such as sales, technical support, and service delivery – ideally forming a close partnership with the customer.
- Excellent German Language needed!
- Business level communication required in German and English
- Additional languages would be an advantage
Technical skills & Knowledge:
High or Expert knowledge in the following areas:
- Networking/Network Operations
- Customer relationship management and related soft skills
- Situational control, leadership and facilitation to resolution
- Must have proven experience organizing and expressing written and verbal communications clearly, effectively, and efficiently
- Ability to develop and deliver materials/presentations to small audiences up to 50
General knowledge in the following areas:
- IP technologies and protocols, Routing/Switching/Cloud
- Troubleshooting network, hardware and software issues
- Network Function Virtualization; Software Defined Networking
- Technical support operations and Methodologies
- Network Analytics – data collection methodologies and tools.
Below are must have personal skills to be successful with Extreme Networks:
- Customer first attitude - Customer satisfaction through unsurpassed support drives you.
- Must have very strong interpersonal ‘soft' skills.
- Must always demonstrate role-model level customer service/support skills and represent Extreme Networks in a professional manner.
- Must understand the business impact of customer and partner interactions and be able to effectively navigate politically charged situations.
- Must be able to work with customers and partners from different geographies and be culturally sensitive. Must be highly motivated, a self-starter, and have proven ability to function effectively with little direct supervision.
- Comfortable with technical and business English usage (documents reading, e-mails, conference calls
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.