Director, IT Back-Office - Supply Chain
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The Director IT Back Office - Supply Chain is an experienced information technology (IT) director who will lead our team of software engineers and other technology staff supporting several areas: legacy system maintenance, new application development, data architecture, and quality assurance. Extreme Networks' strategic direction is to modernize our core systems on the current market leading platforms (e.g. Oracle) and provide high levels of automation for our Supply Chain business functions. You bring a strong background in technology, system integration, data architecture, application development, and agile software development methodologies. You will be responsible for directing a team, working closely with our enterprise project management office and departmental/business stakeholders in delivering technology projects on time and on budget. You will report to the Vice President, IT Applications.
Responsibilities also include leadership for and management of the information technology systems serving the Supply Chain and Order Management functions of Extreme Networks. The Director must communicate effectively with management, staff, customers, and vendors regarding planning, implementation, use and support of technology resources. This position also serves as liaison to the outside third parties IT contracted companies. The Director provides leadership to and assists management, systems users and information systems personnel in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of information systems for the Sales, Services and Marketing functions.
The Director is responsible for the management and maintenance of company-wide and department-specific information systems including, ERP. The Director is responsible for the technology user support, training, and information systems security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish strong, positive relationships with Extreme Networks internal business stakeholders, in Supply Chain, and ability to map business processes to technology solutions.
- Must be detail oriented, a strong communicator with great interpersonal skills, and ability to motivate the team to deliver multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Strong background in Supply Chain and Order To Cash automation and process improvement required.
- Must have a strong technology background with the ability to execute a strategic vision, coupled with the ability to explore and recommend new technology and development approaches.
- Direct the IT Supply Chain team in support of multiple legacy system enhancements, modernization, system integration, and new application development projects. Management duties include:
- Mentoring/coaching/managing individual team members
- Establishing the appropriate management structure for the department
- Goal setting and performance appraisals
- Aligning team objectives with Extreme Networks mission/vision/values
- Leading by example, hands-on approach.
- Vendor management
- Provide out of hours support as necessary including Month end support.
- Manage resources to deliver IT-based business application solutions in support of the Supply Chain function.
- Work very closely with colleagues overseas to help provide optimal global support
- Supervise and professionally develop a team of 7-10 direct reports and provide general leadership to support the Vice President of IT Applications
- Coordinate and integrate application development from external IT and third-party managed services partners.
- Coordinate and prioritize the activities of resources to enable progress on multiple, concurrent high priority projects.
- Communicate across all levels of the organization to ensure identification of and response to business technology requirements.
- Facilitate communication across Supply Chain applications delivery team to ensure strong teamwork and continuous awareness of priorities and individual accountability to projects.
- Participate in the definition, champion and enforce the use of portfolio and project management, software development, change, QA, and release management processes, consistent with the standards established by the company.
- Coordinate development, testing and integration activity with outsource partners. .
- Work closely with Extreme Networks enterprise project management office (EPMO) to apply a disciplined approach to develop requirements, project plans, budgets, schedules, and risk profiles for information technology projects.
- Apply agile and/or iterative development methodologies to software/application development projects. Lead the effort to introduce and refine agile approaches within the organization.
- Establish and maintain a complete software development lifecycle including methodology and tools from design through test and delivery with an emphasis on software configuration and change management across cloud and on-premises application environments.
- Support dynamic metrics and reporting of SDLC process and status.
- Participate in vendor relationship, contract management, and implementation planning.
- A minimum of five years of Oracle enterprise ERP experience in a large size company
- A minimum of three years hands on Oracle Logistics and Supply Chain applications support experience including the following modules: Order Management, Inventory, Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Cost Management, Purchasing, Bills of Material and Shipping Management
- Knowledge of the underlying data model, application configuration options as well as basic process and data flow for the modules
- Logical, analytical, organized, and structured, thinker with strong troubleshooting skills
- Self-directing, motivated and capable of owning issues from start to completion
- Very organized and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks and priorities for your own tasks as well as those of others
- Strong customer focus and the Vision to see the wider consequences behind any requested system change or problem
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) and able to communicate at all levels with confidence
- Enjoy working as part of a wider global team
- Works well under time pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent.
- Proven leadership experience in a large and complex IT organization providing services to internal and/or external clients.
- Broad knowledge of IT architectures, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Disciplined process orientation, attention to details, troubleshooting skills, and root cause analysis expertise.
- Ability to think critically and strategically and to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to display tact and diplomacy in difficult or sensitive situations.
- Ability to proactively solve problems and work independently.
- Skilled at effectively resolving conflict.
- Ability to design and implement strategies which maximize employee potential and foster high ethical standards in meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals.
- Focus on fostering an environment of accountability
Additional experience desired:
- 3+ years of hands-on system development as a data analyst, architect, or developer role.
- Background in Supply Chain and/or Oracle ERP highly desirable.
- Strong background in software/application development lifecycle, including budget, planning, requirements management, and test procedures.
- Fast paced, high activity environment with constant deadlines and availability targets
- Overtime hours, working outside core hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Frequent executive level presentations required
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate computer components
- Offshore Development Team
- IT Leadership team
- Global Supply Chain Business Users and Stakeholders.
LOCATION: Preference is to hire near our office in the Raleigh, Durham, RTP area of North Carolina - Morrisville, NC. We use a FlexFirst approach to remote/hybrid work to allow a balance of work from home and access to a local office for collaboration as needed.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.