FP&A Financial Analyst
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
The FP&A Financial Analyst will work supporting Operations as well as Marketing. Analyzes financial and other business information, interprets and investigates accounting/operational data. The Financial Analyst will partner with others to support modeling and projections required by the organizations in order to achieve its financial and operational goals. This position will report to the Sr. Manager of FP&A and will help drive consistency with monthly reporting by collaborating and communicating with business.
- Support FP&A team preparation of organizations forecasts and budgets –
- Prepare/review month and quarter-end accounting entries and account reconciliations.
- Participate in the annual planning process.
- Prepare the monthly accrual reconciliation.
- Assist in preparing key metrics and trends.
- Develop strong cadence on expense forecasts and actuals; conduct monthly variance analysis to ensure expenses are planned and justified; analyze plans and forecasts to identify risks and opportunities.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of analysis and reporting processes to enhance quality, clarity, and timeliness of output.
- Assist in maintaining business reporting that requires key financial information.
- Organize plans, develop detail tasks and timelines and manages delivery against schedules for assigned projects.
- Establish effective partnerships with business leaders and finance peers.
- Strong accounting, analytical and process development skills with the ability to provide actionable recommendations.
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with multifunctional groups/people and coordinate the completion of tasks.
- Ability to handle unstructured situations and which require original and creative approaches.
- Strong problem solving/decision making skill and sound judgment.
- Professional demeanor and ability to manage confidential information.
- Personal integrity and commitment to high moral standards and business ethics.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years of related finance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting,
- Experience working with multi-channel large, dynamic business organizations.
- Experience with ERP, Business Intelligence, Planning and Budgeting Applications
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion preferred
- Microsoft Office with advanced Excel Skills
*LOCATION: Position is based in Raleigh, NC and not budgeted for relocation. Qualified local candidates encouraged to apply.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.