Technical Support Engineer- Networking
Technical Support Engineer- Networking
Extreme Networks Service and Support
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, with several acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the region.
Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks is seeking people that celebrate and drive innovation. Long recognized by industry experts as a technically visionary company, Extreme Networks delivers software-driven networking solutions that help IT departments meet the challenges of today’s business environment. We are able to build strong customer relationships through our employees and via our extensive partner network. It is with our product portfolio capabilities that we win and maintain our customers, however, it is with our industry leading Services and Support team which is 100% in sourced, that we have created and maintained a loyal customer base.
GTAC (Global Technical Assistance Center)
Extreme Networks, Inc. is setting a new standard for providing superior customer experience by delivering network-powered innovation and market leading service and support. The Global Technical Assistance Center provides direct access to knowledgeable Technical Support Engineers via phone or the web portal. We strive to ensure the majority of our customer issues are resolved without requiring a second level of escalation. We are a global organization, with locations around the globe supporting customers 24x7x365.
GTAC Engineer Responsibilities
Providing excellent Customer Service is the primary responsibility of this job. The GTAC engineer for Extreme Networks troubleshoots and resolves configuration, network, and software issues, by utilizing their peer network, an extensive knowledgebase, and the software development team. The GTAC engineer will continue to develop technical expertise in areas relevant to Extreme Networks, and use that expertise to provide guidance to customers, partners and peers. A successful candidate will have excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, and must be able to handle multiple issues in an organized manner. The individual will also have the responsibility of creating and updating information in our CRM Solution and knowledge base. Weekends, On-Call and some travel for onsite support may be required
- Provide Support for partners and end customers via telephone, e-mail, and web
- Analyze problems and identify solutions by utilizing databases of existing issues, debugging tools and simple or moderate lab simulations
- Ensure escalations and handoffs are efficient by documenting cases clearly and completely
- Develop subject matter expertise and train/mentor others
Required Experience and Skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing), ‘soft skills’ and problem solving capabilities
- Ability to multitask several issues and projects simultaneously
- ENA, CCNA, MCP or similar Technical Level of Certification
- User knowledge of Windows and/or LINUX operating systems
- General knowledge of networking protocols
- Examples include: xSTP (STP, RSTP, or MSTP), IGMP, PIM, LACP, OSPF, MPLS, VRRP and BGP
- Knowledge of mBGP (BGP EVPN), VXLAN, Openstack, Kubernetes would be advantageous
- Ability to perform Packet capture analysis
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of programming logic
- 3 years’ experience working directly with customers in any industry
- 2 or more years work experience supporting multi-layer network
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.