STAFF HARDWARE ENGINEER-Power Subsystem Development Engineer
Power Subsystem Development Engineer - Advanced power architectures experience a MUST!
Be part of a team of highly skilled developers in the development of next generation, cutting edge networking products from concept through production. Be responsible for AC to DC and DC to DC power subsystem design, specification, implementation, vendor interaction, hands on evaluation and sub-system debug.
- Participate in core design architecture and development teams, specifying and defining highly robust and advanced power architectures.
- Develop power sub-system specifications detailing design components and sub-architectures for power metric performance optimization; including but not limited to high availability, resiliency, efficiency, power density, cost, and scalability.
- Lead power supply design concept definition in collaboration with cross-functional teams, outsource partners, and power supply vendors.
- Provide design simulation, calculations and analytical models for prediction of design concept outcome.
- Provide design risk assessments, mitigation plans, development lessons learned and proof of concepts.
- Participate in Schematic and BOM reviews.
- Work closely with design engineers to optimize power supply layouts.
- Conduct design and layout reviews.
- Adhere to robust design methodologies for successful project execution.
- Engage in prototype testing and validation for designs under consideration.
- Work hands-on in evaluation and design debug support activities in the lab.
- Keep abreast of state-of-the art power subsystem technologies and understand the methods by which customers utilize Extreme's products in their own power infrastructures.
- Provide technical support for production issue debug and drive to resolution.
- Spear head innovation through exemplary behavior and teamwork.
- Must have 5+ years of power sub-system design experience.
- Requires experience in full product life cycle development from concept through volume manufacturing.
- Ideal candidate has work experience in computer/networking industry and/or power supply module companies.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering or a related discipline is required.
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Capability to innovate is desirable, while professionalism, integrity, and attention to detail are a must.
- Ability to work well with cross-functional teams is extremely important. Proven track record of working in a fast-paced innovative work environment.
- Computer Networking
- Computer Hardware
- Information Technology