Premier Resident Engineer
Professional Services Engineer Role:
The Extreme Professional Services Engineer (PSE) will work within a customer team of highly skilled and experienced engineers to support a fulltime resident engineer position in the Charlotte, NC area. The PSE role requires a broad range of technical, troubleshooting, and planning, along with excellent customer communication skills. The PSE is considered a “trusted advisor” for the customer during the engagement. The PSE’s role is to provide a high-quality implementation of all areas of the Extreme Network product suites, by ensuring that all networking implementations meet the customer functional requirements.
Extreme Networks provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, pregnancy, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Provide full time project support within a large enterprise Extreme customer in the Charlotte, NC area.
- Follow Extreme Professional Services PDIO (Plan/Design/Implement/Operate) implementation methodology
Plans to include: High-Level Architecture Diagrams, Functional Capabilities, highlight customer prerequisites, configurations and track deliverable dates and timelines for “Go Live” for solution. Define UAT, and Functional Validation criteria within a MOP (Method of Procedure) document.
- Responsible for creation and maintaining of project documentation during implementation.
- Responsible as technical lead and trusted advisor to the customer during implementation.
- Responsible as liaison between sales, PLM, Engineering, GTAC (as required) and customer during implementation.
- Work with Extreme partners and sales staff to implement Extreme solutions and provide knowledge transfer as required for the defined solution.
- Must maintain excellent knowledge on all Extreme product suites: Extreme Management Center (XMC) -Manage, Control, Analytics; Extreme Cloud Appliance (XCA) and Extreme Campus Controller (XCC) Wireless; Extreme Cloud IQ (XIQ), Extreme VOSS and BOSS switching OS and Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) Fabric.
- Situational awareness and ability to proactively escalate any customer issues to GTAC, Account Team and Management in a timely and cohesive manner.
- Expert in networking technologies with industry and regional knowledge and experience. (6 or more years’ experience)
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience with implementation and maintenance of the Extreme Campus Fabric solution.
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience with implementation and maintenance of the Extreme Management Center (XMC), Extreme Access Control (NAC) and Extreme Analytics platforms (including Application Analytics and PV-180 Appliances)
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience with implementation and maintenance of the Extreme Wireless solutions using XCA, XCC (identify) and XIQ (hive OS) related APs.
- Thorough understanding of LDAP, RADIUS, and Active Directory Services used for AAA within NAC solutions.
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets.
- Must have strong skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment. (including use of PCAP, WireShark, and some wireless RF Analysis tools – Ekahau preferred)
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme solution effectively.
- Ability to effectively implement Extreme products and solutions in a mission critical environment within a scheduled downtime or with no downtime.
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex customer interactions in difficult circumstances and control customer expectations in order to maintain satisfied customers. Use of Project Plans, Design Diagrams, Procedure documentation, managing coordination with other disciplines (Firewall and OS Teams) to ensure smooth implementations and full awareness of delivery timelines and capabilities a must.
- Excellent inter-personal, technical presentation and communications skills.
- Proven team player.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of five or more of the following networking technologies: (6 or more years’ experience)
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Routing Protocols (RIPv2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc)
- Layer2 Switching (802.1Q, 802.1 D, 801.x)
- Extreme Management Center (XMC)
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Must be a US citizen
- BS Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Network Certifications desired (i.e. CCNA, CISSP, CCIE, CWTS/CWNA, etc.)
- ACIS – Avaya Fabric Networking Solutions