Premier Jr. Resident Engineer
Novant Jr.RE Engineer
There has never been a better time to join Extreme, after three acquisitions extending our portfolio and go to market strategy, we have seen enormous opportunity and growth within the regions. Aside from being a Technology Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant, we also adamantly promote an internal culture that truly embraces diversity, inclusion and equality in the workplace. Having Diversity and Inclusion as part of our core values and beliefs, we’re proud to foster an environment where every Extreme employee can thrive because of their differences, not despite them.
Extreme Networks, Inc. (EXTR) creates effortless networking experiences that enable all of us to advance. We push the boundaries of technology leveraging the powers of machine learning, artificial intelligence, analytics, and automation. Over 50,000 customers globally trust our end-to-end, cloud-driven networking solutions and rely on our top-rated services and support to accelerate their digital transformation efforts and deliver progress like never before. For more information, visit Extreme's website or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
The Extreme Premier Resident Engineer (PRE) will work within a customer team of highly skilled and experienced engineers to support a fulltime Junior Resident Engineer position in the Charlotte, NC area. The Jr. PRE role requires a broad range of technical, and troubleshooting, along with excellent customer communication skills. The Jr. PRE is considered a “trusted advisor” for the customer during the engagement. The Jr. PRE’s role is to provide support on Extreme Network products with Fabric capability (Legacy Avaya Products), by ensuring that all networking implementations meet the customer functional requirements. Extreme is looking for 3-5 years’ experience in these platforms.
- Provide full time project support within a large enterprise Extreme customer in the Charlotte, NC area.
- A “Go-To” RE as technical lead and trusted advisor to the customer during planned implementation.
- Responsible as liaison between sales, PLM, Engineering, GTAC (as required) and customer during implementation.
- Work with Extreme partners and sales staff to implement Extreme solutions and provide knowledge transfer as required for the defined solution.
- Must maintain knowledge on all Extreme product suites: Extreme Management Center (XMC) -Manage, Control, Analytics; Extreme Cloud Appliance (XCA) and Extreme Campus Controller (XCC) Wireless; Extreme Cloud IQ (XIQ), Extreme VOSS and BOSS switching OS and Shortest Path Bridging (SPB) Fabric.
- Situational awareness and ability to proactively escalate any customer issues to GTAC, Account Team and Management in a timely and cohesive manner.
- Expert in networking technologies with industry and regional knowledge and experience. (3-5 years’ experience)
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience with implementation and maintenance of the Extreme Campus Fabric solution.
- Thorough understanding of LDAP, RADIUS, and Active Directory Services used for AAA within NAC solutions.
- Hands-on experience using security-related toolsets.
- Must have skills in troubleshooting and problem resolution in a network environment.
- Keen ability to understand and analyze customer requirements and position the Extreme solution effectively.
- Ability to effectively implement Extreme products and solutions in a mission critical environment within a scheduled downtime or with no downtime.
- Good inter-personal, technical presentation and communications skills.
- Proven team player.
- Must be self-motivated and can work with minimal supervision.
- In-depth knowledge of five or more of the following networking technologies: (3-5 years’ experience)
- Network Access Control (NAC)
- Routing Protocols (RIPv2/v3, OSPFv2/v3, VRRP, MPLS, BGP, PIM, etc.)
- Layer2 Switching (802.1Q, 802.1 D, 801.x)
- Extreme Management Center (XMC)
Desired Skills / Experience:
- Must be a US citizen
- AS Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Network Certifications desired (i.e., CCNA, CISSP, CCIE, CWTS/CWNA, etc.)
- ACIS – Avaya Fabric Networking Solutions
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come Advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” Extreme Networks also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Extreme Networks.